• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

is this where to ask questions? saddle as a cure for neck and back issues?

raisins

SH Member
Hi,

I've been debating saddle hunting for a while, and participating here because you guys have the best resources regarding rock climbing harnesses, climbing sticks, and general DIY stuff.

I have a doctor's appt upcoming, but I'm nearly certain that a combo of a semi-desk job (write reports probably 3 out of 5 days a week) and sitting on stand is causing me some neck and back issues (tingling arms, neck pain, etc).

This year, I set my locon limit up usually so the deer would most likely be coming from my left, and would sit for long hours with my head mostly turned in that direction.

Right after hunting season, my symptoms started.

I'm guessing with the saddle you can set up in a more natural position.

Has anyone been in a similar position to me health wise and how did this interact with using a saddle instead of a hang on stand?

Thanks - R

A back injury (torn L3) led me to this site and saddle hunting. I have difficulty sitting for in normal chairs and stands as a result of the injury. I also have lingering damage on my ITB from a separate injury that also plays into saddle comfort. The bottom line is that a saddle can be more comfortable than traditional stands and ease the back pains, but it is not universal, and will depend on the source location of your issues. Despite what you may read from more back healthy individuals on here and other venues and advertising, you really need to look at a saddle with lots of room for adjustments, and even a much larger saddle than the size charts suggest. Attend a local gathering, look up guys on the site close by that will let you try their saddles, and see what works best for you. Good luck!

Back