• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Items on the way

JakeD

Well I went ahead and ordered a few things to get started. I opted to go with a sit drag and misty mountain rc harness. I ordered 1" tubular webbing to serve as both my linemans loops and bridge. I already have an HSS line to use as my tether to start with and see if I like it. I also have a few primal steps on the way to do the plywood platform with. Anything else that I'm missing? I already have a linemans belt and enough carabiners. Open to any additional input or suggestions.

Hey Jake! Welcome buddy! What about your tether connection... Ropeman or friction hitch?

Welcome from TN. I am rocking a sit drag too. Can't seem to find any other commercially made saddle right now!

You using a RC harness with it, or do you have one with mods to it?

I am actually using a webbing tree stand harness that has linemen loops on it. I had my wife sow the sit drag into the harness, so it's all just one piece for less hassle going up and down the tree. It's been working pretty decently.

Welcome! You'll be hooked! Practice practice practice! I tried to go as pocket friendly as I could and I'm under $100 for everything I would say. DIY sticks, DIY saddle, climbing rated ropes, and a set of 4 primal steps.

Nice video. That looks like it turned out really well. If I would've thought of it prior to ordering everything I probably would've done the same thing you did. I'll probably end up tinkering and doing something like that anyways.

Thanks man! I could definitely make another one and make it look a little nicer than this one. But it shall serve its purpose. Ill be able to decide what I want to change about it and start from scratch. But I'll get through this season for sure with it! I'm looking forward to it.

Welcome! You'll be hooked! Practice practice practice! I tried to go as pocket friendly as I could and I'm under $100 for everything I would say. DIY sticks, DIY saddle, climbing rated ropes, and a set of 4 primal steps.
Nice video. Love the shots of deer with the mellow music!

You are smart to do lots of testing at ground level. DIY stuff is so fun but a little unnerving also. Stay safe!

If you have any 3/4 plywood kicking around you can make a sweet platform insert for one of those Primal steps. There's a couple threads here on it. I hunted on one last year and it was really comfy, especially for a "leaner" like yourself.

Good luck this Fall!

Nice video. Love the shots of deer with the mellow music!

You are smart to do lots of testing at ground level. DIY stuff is so fun but a little unnerving also. Stay safe!

If you have any 3/4 plywood kicking around you can make a sweet platform insert for one of those Primal steps. There's a couple threads here on it. I hunted on one last year and it was really comfy, especially for a "leaner" like yourself.

Good luck this Fall!

Not trying to jack the thread here! But thanks a bunch! I appreciate that. Safety first then teamwork!! haha
I have seen the primal platform a couple times and will most likely go that route. Cheap/free platform so ya can't beat that. I also have some metal laying around I might could play with.

Thanks and be safe out there! Best of luck

Back