• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

It's nearing spring boys.

Preseason scouting begins the first weekend in February. No Turkey hunting this spring. Deer season has been so depressing there is No Way I can risk another season like 18-19!

Preseason scouting begins the first weekend in February. No Turkey hunting this spring. Deer season has been so depressing there is No Way I can risk another season like 18-19!

I use turkey season to scout for deer

Set up for turkey early & then scout back to truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys have any tips for a newbie? I've never turkey hunted before but have wanted to for a few years. Decided this spring I'm taking the plunge. Have a gobbler, jake and hen decoy. Have been practicing with a mouth call since December

You guys have any tips for a newbie? I've never turkey hunted before but have wanted to for a few years. Decided this spring I'm taking the plunge. Have a gobbler, jake and hen decoy. Have been practicing with a mouth call since December

Best tip I can give is set up on a high spot where bird can't get around and above you also make them half to Come find you. Don't set up where they can see where the call is coming from. Make them half to come Look for it

Be more passive calling unless the bird shows he likes alotta calling. Be efficient with a slate (pot call).

Set up comfy if possible. You may get caught by surprise and half to be still for a long period of time more comfy u can be less chance you got a blowing the bird out to cramps arm being tired etc

Just secured access to some prime turkey ground to hunt this year - right across the road from my house! Also hoping to get my nephew his first bird.

Honestly I love turkey hunting. Nice change of pace from walking-on-eggshells deer hunting. Plus it's just fun.

If you truly love your family, don't do it! I just started 6 years ago after 20 years of friends trying to pull me away from trout fishing to go. Big mistake! Now I have 3 dedicated turkey guns and more turkey gear than Cabelas. If I had to choose deer or turkey only, I hate to say it, but goodbye deer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If you truly love your family, don't do it! I just started 6 years ago after 20 years of friends trying to pull me away from trout fishing to go. Big mistake! Now I have 3 dedicated turkey guns and more turkey gear than Cabelas. If I had to choose deer or turkey only, I hate to say it, but goodbye deer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lol I like turkey hunting cause don't need all that stuff deer hunting takes. Some camo few Calls and my 28ga and I'm
Golden

They’ve been gobbling on the roost here in Florida for last couple weeks. They’re just practicing for the real deal. I cannot wait to drag out Madusa and bust some cranium. I deer hunt to scout for turkey. Our deer season just ended on the east coast and the last week of it they were thundering every morning. I’ve got some areas located where they roost. Will dust of the dekes and tune up the calls in about a month. My wife hates it but to bad.

This is the time of year I drive my better half crazy calling. I mostly use my natural voice. So to build vocal muscles I start practicing in the house early. Lol once in a while i'll let loose in a grocery store to mess with people. It's funny watching people looking for and or talking about there being a turkey loose in the store.
New? Don't practice in the woods you'll be hunting. Get a decent slate with a few good strikers. Practice sitting still on the ground...A tad harder than it sounds, take the gun and practice how you'll ready the shot with least movement.
Over many years I learned one important thing. Wear rubber gloves in when going before daylight to set up for a ground up against tree sit. RACCOONS ****e and they do so at the base of trees. Nothing worse than sliding your fingers or only pair of gloves through a worm infested cold greasy pile of raccoon dung. It may be just my being unlucky but it happens more often than one would think if public land take an orange cap or bird bag to walk out with. Heck I need that on my private, I have to have orange above my head in all my blinds and stands due to being nearly shot.

Back