• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Jealousy is a prison

SETXsportsman6

I've been seeing a lot of you fellas posting pics from the tree for weeks now, but overall I haven't been bothered by it. But today was Texas's opener for bow season, and I'm stuck at the plant working night shift. I knew ahead of time I'd be working this weekend, but the reality of missing my first opening weekend in 5 years didn't set in until last night. Not so much the idea of missing opening weekend that bothers me, just the desire to be out there.

Got stuck working overtime on Tuesday night, finally will get to go to the woods when I get off Wednesday morning for some scouting followed by a mid day nap in the saddle before the evening hunt. I'll have Wednesday, and Thursday to make the most of before I go back to work for the better part of the next two weeks unless I get lucky and can score the weekend of the 17th off . Vacation coming for October 23rd through November 7th. Counting down the days like I'm a kid waiting for Christmas. Good luck to everyone this year!

This is my first year in 5 years to have opening weekend off and I wasn’t so sure it would happen this time. 7on7off has its perks, it ask also has a downside.

This is my first year in 5 years to have opening weekend off and I wasn’t so sure it would happen this time. 7on7off has its perks, it ask also has a downside.
I know what you mean. We work the Dupont schedule. So when you get that 7 off its nice, but at my job we rarely get them. Overtime is abundant to say the least. Especially this time of year. If you aren't taking vacation, you're likely not getting many days off.

Back