• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Jim Edgar Panther Creek

BRPikehunta

This is my first year saddle hunting. Just a little back ground. I have a 600 lease in sw Mississippi. It’s a family lease with 7 guys with their children. My brother in law and I are making a hunt at JEPC this year. He has hunted it the last 10 plus years. It’s my first year hunting it. He is a lock on fan and this is my first year hunting with a saddle. Lucky me I get all of October to get some time in the saddle in MS. My plan is to bring it to IL with me. My question is about landscape. Down south vs up north terrain is a tad different. What tips do y’all have on tree set up. Has anyone saddle hunted Jim Edgar? Can you send some tips my way?

It's a big place and has a little bit of everything terrain wise. Brushy areas large crp areas fields creek bottoms bigger open timber. If your brother in law has hunted it for more then 10 yrs. Then I'm sure he knows the spots. It's a busy place in november lots pressure have to find over looked areas and be prepared to walk some big hills if u plan to bet away from everyone. There's still lots big deer to be had just have to do your homework

Back