• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

John Eberhart's book

1simplemann

SH Member
Which of his books covers saddle hunting. I've heard there are some good tips in there. Anyone here have his number? I want to adapt saddle hunting into my terrain and tree sizes. Since he has hunted out west, I wanted to pick his ear about a few things. Thanks Rob

Although I haven't read it but I believe 'Bowhunting Whitetails the Eberhart Way' is the book that discusses saddle hunting more in-depth.

I have read 'Bowhunting Pressured Whitetails' and it devotes a page or two to saddle hunting but it doesn't go beyond the information you can readily find available on the internet.

Thanks, I kinda figured that but wasn't sure. Bowhunting Pressured WT's worth it? Found that one cheap on Amazon used.

There is a chapter devoted to saddles in both Bowhunting Whitetails the Eberhart Way and Precision Bowhunting. In all of the books it periodically discusses their use throughout the book. They are all great books and I would suggest reading them all if you haven't.

1simplemann said:
Thanks, I kinda figured that but wasn't sure. Bowhunting Pressured WT's worth it? Found that one cheap on Amazon used.

Definitely worth it. I credit this book for changing the way I hunt and dramatically increasing my deer sightings.

Well it looks like I found some good reading then. I found all of them used on Amazon. Good price!

Well it looks like I found some good reading then. I found all of them used on Amazon. Good price!

John also has a DVDs series called "Bowhunting Pressured Whitetails A to Z " , which not only shows how they use the Saddle but also gives tons of hunting and scouting info, he breaks everything down and gives you a step by step approach to hunting Whitetails on public land. It is well worth it and I've watched it several times and keep finding things I missed or forgot each time I watch it. I hope this helps if you go to the website you can order it.

Roger

I have the "A to Z" DVD...definitely a good resource.
And I have the Kindle version of "Bowhunting Whitetails" which is also excellent.

I'm pretty new to hunting and last year I read Bowhunting Pressured Whitetails. He explains some useful concepts regarding hunting, scouting, and deer behavior, most of which I found very helpful. Definitely worth the money.

boone0 said:
I'm pretty new to hunting and last year I read Bowhunting Pressured Whitetails. He explains some useful concepts regarding hunting, scouting, and deer behavior, most of which I found very helpful. Definitely worth the money.
I bought all 3. I reading 1 now.

After seeing John's 2014 buck, talking to him for an hour plus reading his book, I've determined John REALLY knows his stuff! The attention to detail pays off with results. I've got a few nice ones on the wall but he made me realize that I could be even more successful if I up my game. Especially my scent control regimen. I've never believed in Scent Lok before but I think I'm a believer now. Can't argue w/ his results. Very good reading so far.

Back