• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

JRB's 6 Retrievable Tether / Rappel Anchors

John RB

You all know me as a Rope Climber (and I am) but my main goal is to reduce accidents by making you safer and that starts by getting y'all tied in the whole time. Rope climbing can go in your toolbox when and if you are ready for it. In general, I am seeing a lot of progress: I am happy to see how many people are agreeing with concepts like: that they need to be tied in the whole time, and that Rappel is a good idea, and that a Lineman's belt will not reliably prevent a fall when something goes wrong. And so this video is meant to give you some options:
  1. How to make a running loop anchor secure and still retrievable (it's not a girth hitch)
  2. How to using a running carabiner and make it secure
  3. How to use my JRB Cinch, and advance it with a pole
  4. How to use the Saddle Hunter's Hitch, including remote release option
  5. How to use the JRB Hitch
  6. How to use the Running JRB Hitch

watched it earlier, might try tying on a length of rope to my quick link. I will have to try pulling it down after rappelling. Not yet sure where I want to attach my pull down: on the link, behind the link, or on the rappel line (single).

Great video and appreciate all that you do for us/me

Back