• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Just a note to pray for people in Texas

Ontariofarmer

This was from Facebook. And TX5. Matthew Tompkins

This is CarlaJo (Matthew’s wife) I just wanted to give a personal little update. As most of you know we live in Southeast Texas. Our little town will be taking on a direct hit from Hurricane Laura which is going to be a strong Category 4 leaving mass destruction in her path. Please bare with us on your orders. I took our kids and evacuated to Waco with other family members. Matthew however has made the decision to stay close to home so that the moment the hurricane is over he and his brother can assess the damages to our homes and decide how to start the recovery process. During this time please be patient with us. We appreciate all of our customers (past, present & future). We hope you are all safe and healthy. God Bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m a Texan as well........u folks up north have snow and ice we have hurricanes. Bad part about living on the coast though is that many places close to the water you cannot get insurance for the first floor of your house unless your insurance policy is grand-fathered in from the early 80’s

I spoke with a man I work with today. He just came back from Cameron parish La. He and his siblings had been moving their parents from the home they built in 2008 after Hurricane Rita. The class 3 storm destroyed their home were they had lived for decades and raised a family. They rebuilt on their land but 16’ higher as required by FEMA. The storm surge from Hurricane Laura may be as much as 20’. This now retired couple will loose their home tonight for the second time in 12 years. This sad story is the same nightmare that many people in south Louisiana and The southeastern portion of Texas are living this very minute! I pray for everyone in the storms path safety and their recovery from this disaster.

From TX5. Tompkins Good morning everyone. Just wanted to give everyone an update on our situation. We did receive some damage from Laura but nothing too major. Our main issue is our whole area is without power. We have some awesome lineman from all over the country working their butts off to restore power and we can’t put into words how much we appreciate their hard work! The last update we received from Entergy said we could possibly have power back by the end of next week. We do have generator power and once we get our property cleaned up we will begin working on our current orders again. We wanted to thank everyone for their patience and support! We would also like to thank everyone that has offered to give us assistance in our time of need! Thank y’all and GOD Bless!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back