• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Just joined the group today

Mjdohring

Just joined today ... from SE corner of WI .. I have been hunting for over 25 years ... hunting public land in WI and have been watching and reading up on saddle hunting and it seems like a great option for those deep walks into the woods .. any suggestions on getting started and suggestions on a saddle ... Kestrel looks really good but no way to try them out .. thank u all for ur time ...

Welcome to the site, check out the saddle hunter map & see if anyone is not too far from you. @PJC cant remember exactly where your at??

Welcome I am also new to the site seems like a lot of good guys here. I just received the aero Hunter kestrel and used it a few times absolutely love it I may buy a mantis for early-season next year as it seems to be A lot lighter and more breathable for warmer climates I am from the thumb of Michigan and right now the extra warmth is a bonus. My first suggestion to you starting out would be is if you have a harness already with lineman loops on them I would start practicing using a lineman's belt. Before I got my saddle I would use wild edge tree steps (The steps are amazing in my opinion) with my harness and lineman's belt and carry only the bottom of my summit climber as a hang on for the practice it helped a lot. The other tip would be to watch some YouTube videos of guys using different saddles and techniques most of which are members on this site the top three that I watched and like are boudreaux boswell, Greg from G2 outdoors and the dyi sportsman all of these guys give great explanations and great videos that will help you tremendously once you jump in a saddle you'll never wanna ride metal again!!

Welcome from Northwest Wisconsin. I don't think that you can go wrong with any commercially made saddle now. Just spend the time educating yourself on this site. Good luck this year!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Tha
Welcome I am also new to the site seems like a lot of good guys here. I just received the aero Hunter kestrel and used it a few times absolutely love it I may buy a mantis for early-season next year as it seems to be A lot lighter and more breathable for warmer climates I am from the thumb of Michigan and right now the extra warmth is a bonus. My first suggestion to you starting out would be is if you have a harness already with lineman loops on them I would start practicing using a lineman's belt. Before I got my saddle I would use wild edge tree steps (The steps are amazing in my opinion) with my harness and lineman's belt and carry only the bottom of my summit climber as a hang on for the practice it helped a lot. The other tip would be to watch some YouTube videos of guys using different saddles and techniques most of which are members on this site the top three that I watched and like are boudreaux boswell, Greg from G2 outdoors and the dyi sportsman all of these guys give great explanations and great videos that will help you tremendously once you jump in a saddle you'll never wanna ride metal again!!
nk u ..

Thank u... I do watch the diysportsman and G2... have really enjoyed both of them and I have watched others.. I already have the wild edge steps which I will use ... I saw the wlidedge steps being used with the naider and swaider... I’m sure I will be asking more question and looking for ideas and suggestions.. thank u again fornur information ..
Mark

Welcome from Northern VA! I'm a fan of the cheap option first, don't rush on the big purchases. You can get a rock climbing harness a few runners for lineman loops and some fleece for a saddle. The sooner you can swing around a tree and shoot the better it takes time to get used to the different shot types.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Welcome from Northern VA! I'm a fan of the cheap option first, don't rush on the big purchases. You can get a rock climbing harness a few runners for lineman loops and some fleece for a saddle. The sooner you can swing around a tree and shoot the better it takes time to get used to the different shot types.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thank u for the advice... looking forward to trying this type of hunting

Back