• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Jx3 and climbing sticks

Muskyhunter

I am wondering how you guys are attaching your sticks for the climb up the tree? I will be using 4 beast sticks, so ineed a way to attach 3 for the climb.

I am wondering how you guys are attaching your sticks for the climb up the tree? I will be using 4 beast sticks, so ineed a way to attach 3 for the climb.
Use the plastic D ring clips at the bottom of the back rest for two of them. I'd install 2 from the ground or if using aider and can't reach, put the second on the side of the tree and loop its strap on the step if your first stick, so you can pull it up to install while standing on the first stick .

Use the plastic D ring clips at the bottom of the back rest for two of them. I'd install 2 from the ground or if using aider and can't reach, put the second on the side of the tree and loop its strap on the step if your first stick, so you can pull it up to install while standing on the first stick .
That is a great tip for setting the 2nd stick. I do use cable aiders on each stick. 99 percent of the time I only use 3 sticks but I need to have a system for 4. I am assuming paracord loops on the sticks for attaching to the D-rings?

That is a great tip for setting the 2nd stick. I do use cable aiders on each stick. 99 percent of the time I only use 3 sticks but I need to have a system for 4. I am assuming paracord loops on the sticks for attaching to the D-rings?
Yeah sure. Sorry I didn't think to mention that. Easy to set up.

Yeah sure. Sorry I didn't think to mention that. Easy to set up.
I use the D rings as well, but I went with shock cord instead of paracord and 2 sliders on it to hold them tight while climbing. I'll try to get a few pictures of it.

I use the D rings as well, but I went with shock cord instead of paracord and 2 sliders on it to hold them tight while climbing. I'll try to get a few pictures of it.
That sounds interesting. I look forward to the pictures.

I pack 4 sticks in on my back and set the first 2. Then I secure the remaining 2 sticks ( 1 on each side of me and they dangle right around nipple height and aren't in the way) with the shock cord rig to climb with.

I use about 35" total of shock cord to give me 16" finished length girthed hitched around the bottom tab right above the mesh on each side of the frame. 2 of the plastic cord locks (amazon has a bunch of cheap kits) allow me to secure it while climbing. The bottom slide let's me move it up if it's dangling too low on my body while climbing.

Hopefully this explains it well enough, it works pretty great and your hands are freed up.

Screenshot_20220228-195925_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220228-195937_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220228-200002_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220228-200025_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220228-200032_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220228-200810_Gallery.jpg

I pack 4 sticks in on my back and set the first 2. Then I secure the remaining 2 sticks ( 1 on each side of me and they dangle right around nipple height and aren't in the way) with the shock cord rig to climb with.

I use about 35" total of shock cord to give me 16" finished length girthed hitched around the bottom tab right above the mesh on each side of the frame. 2 of the plastic cord locks (amazon has a bunch of cheap kits) allow me to secure it while climbing. The bottom slide let's me move it up if it's dangling too low on my body while climbing.

Hopefully this explains it well enough, it works pretty great and your hands are freed up.

View attachment 62586View attachment 62587View attachment 62588View attachment 62589View attachment 62590View attachment 62591
Thanks for pictures. I have everything here to give this a try looks like it would work great.

Back