• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

JX3 Any Videos on using a ONE STICK with JX3 Hybrid

Turk

HI Everyone.....Just got my new JX3 Hybrid...and was wondering if anyone has a video or making a video on using the JX3 Hybrid with a One STICK.?.. I'm new to the Saddlehunter.com and a video would be very helpful...Thanks a Bunch!!!
Turk

I may try to do a video but wont be for a couple weeks. Extremely busy right now.

HI Everyone.....Just got my new JX3 Hybrid...and was wondering if anyone has a video or making a video on using the JX3 Hybrid with a One STICK.?.. I'm new to the Saddlehunter.com and a video would be very helpful...Thanks a Bunch!!!
Turk
I have no good camera or video skills, otherwise I would help. I would recommend watching the Cain 1-stick video if you haven't already and then just think about being in the JX3 rather than the sit drag he just in.

What I noticed on the first practice climb was that it is hard to reach down to uncam the stick after moving your tether up and sitting back down. The seat kinda blocks your access to the stick. I started moving my tether slightly to the right and a bit lower/shorter of an upward move so that the seat would be even with the top of my stick and just off to the right allowing me to reach the rope and uncam it. I would use @Cain's method from there with meant putting the stick as high as I could reach and using tension from my tether to hold it in place while I adjusted the rope. Again, his video is key here.

Going down was ridiculously easy and intuitive. No real differences from Cain video.

I don’t have a video but it is easy to one stick climb with the hybrid. I climb to the top of my stick and swing over to the side. I loosen the straps and then slide the stick up as far as I can reach and repeat. I use a lone wolf stick or a hawk helium full-size stick. Then you do not have to have an aider and the three-step stick is the perfect length to get up a tree quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other trick is put your Prussic knot about a foot to 16 inches down on the tether. That way when you push the tether as high as it will go you will still be able to sit down and that keeps the rope easy to move until you put weight on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a video on my YouTube doing this with two sticks with the guidos web. Same exact process it’s actually pretty easy to climb that way. Just takes some extra time.

Tethrd-Ginger Ninja/Fire Crotch Fiddler

I have a video on my YouTube doing this with two sticks with the guidos web. Same exact process it’s actually pretty easy to climb that way. Just takes some extra time.

Tethrd-Ginger Ninja/Fire Crotch Fiddler
Thanks everyone......Greatly appreciate your Responds!!!
Turk

Back