• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

JX3 as Turkey Ground chair or Stadium chair

Coachschaller

Looking for some suggestions on the JX3 hybrid on the ground. I just got it last week and have started dialing in some things. Well, my child had an all day robotics competition this weekend and I decided to try it out as a stadium chair.

At times it worked really well, other times it was very hard to position the back rest.
When using the JX3 on the ground (or on bleachers), where should the back rest stand-offs be?
When the stand-offs were resting on the seat portion, they could slide too easily causing the bottom to come forward and the the top to go back without any support.
If the stand-offs were behind, off the seat, there was to support for the back rest at all.
If I got the stand-offs just on the back edge of the seat, it worked quite well.

I am wondering if my carabiners that attached the seat loops to the bridge attachment points were too long.
Any ideas? If using on the actual ground has anyone run into the

I hunt turkey off the ground in JX3

The trick is to loosen the straps long enough to place the stand-offs just behind the back edge of the seat.
Sit down, then tighten the straps, so the bottom of the back rest is pushing against the seat portion when you lean back.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

The shoulder strap should be loosened too before you sit (I usually have those pretty tight when walking in). once loosened it helps the back support portion kinda fall down behind the seat

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Back