• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

JX3 first sit

Today I had a chance to really work with the JX3 I just received and think this will be a great hunting fit for me. At first I just hung the saddle at ground level to work on tether height, how to maneuver around the tree, back rest angle. and shoot a few arrows at different positions around the tree. After getting a good feel for it I put my LW sticks on the tree and climbed up with all of my hunting items such as bow, backpack and such. I have a small sling pack that I used for mountain biking and used it. I hung my sticks one on each side in the D loops, attached my sling pack to another D loop. On my pack I had a pull up rope to my bow. Once in the tree at height I attached my daisy chain, hung pack to the daisy chain and my hero clip for my bow to hang. I used the top step as a foot rest, I have replaced the single step with double steps on the top position also. Everything worked out great. I sat in the tree for over an hour just enjoying the evening. When my wife came home from work she handed me my arrows and moved a target for me so I could try to shoot to my right side around the 2 o'clock position. Again everything worked great. The only issue I have myself is shooting to my 3 o'clock to 4 o'clock position. Thats an area I'll have to work on, I'm just old and stiff.
Going to hunt out of it in the am. I got a spot that I think it will work out great. I got busted yesterday by an old doe that picked me offf at 23 ft in a hang on. If she comes through again or one of the bucks I have on camera comes through I got a Gold Tip with a Hypodermic ready for them.

I love my JX3. Looking forward to spending full days in it during the rut. It’s gonna be much more enjoyable for sure.

My hunt was a pleasure even though I did not see any deer. The JX3 was very comfortable, everything went smooth except for buy pack falling off of the hook while I was climbing. As I go through each hunt I am sure everything will get smoother. I had made me a 2 step moveable aider but last night I changed and put a single step aider on each of my LW sticks. They worked great this morning. I should be able to get to a good height once I become more comfortable with them and spread the sticks a little more. I sat in the tree from 7am to 12:30 with great comfort. This will be my main hunting mechanism now. I have a few hang on's in place but to be truthful I will pull them, leave the sticks and hunt from my JX3. My SIL got a saddle from Tether he will be using so each of us can use the stick set up on our club.
JX3 is a great product that fits me and my hunting style very well.

Well I'm about a dozen hunts in with the JX3 and couldn't be happier with it. I've got my system worked out as to back pack, clothing, carrying the tether & linesman rope and just about everything. The only issue I run into occasionally is disconnecting the linesman rope carabiner from the saddle once in hunting position. I seem to have the carabiner under the side strap of the bridge system nearly every time. It's something I am doing and I'm sure I'll figure it out. I've found that I can lean in it, sit in it, sleep in it, tilt forward, tilt back and enjoy it very much. If any of you are thinking about getting one it is well worth what it cost. I'm selling my climbers and hang on stands with no remorse but I will be keeping my sticks to use as presets which I already have a couple set on my club.

The only issue I run into occasionally is disconnecting the linesman rope carabiner from the saddle once in hunting position. I seem to have the carabiner under the side strap of the bridge system nearly every time.

I have experienced the same issue. I keep trying adjusting how I hook the bridge relative to the LB (outside, inside, one of each). Other ways prevent me from lifting the seat to the closed position for the climb down. Doesn't prevent climbing, just annoying.

Like you said, it is a small issue and I'm sure I'll figure it out. It does not substantially detract from the awesomeness that is the Hybrid.

I’m still loving mine as well. I’m going in with three sticks and aiders tomorrow. I had been one stick climbing however I think it is quieter to just use three sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back