• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

JX3 Hybrid and Rappel

predatorhunter

Thinking about trying the JX3 again. In my previous try, I did not like what felt like a tangle of webbing and getting to the seated position felt odd. However, I am tired of my knees digging into the tree, even with a pad or knee pads.

I prefer to rappel, but unsure how that will work with the hybrid. With my traditional style saddle, I use the rappel line as my tether so I do not have to transition lines at the end of the hunt. Can that be done with the hybrid without flippng the seat back on the hook?

Last edited:
I rappel with a JX 3 all the time. Just make sure your leg and shoulder straps are hooked up and go. The main reason I like the JX3 is my bad knees
I am not sure what you mean by back seat and hook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I rappel with a JX 3 all the time. Just make sure your leg and shoulder straps are hooked up and go. The main reason I like the JX3 is my bad knees
I am not sure what you mean by back seat and hook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks. The last comment should have read "Flipping the seat back on the hook" I also fixed in the original to lessen others rightful confusion.

Newer JX3 user here but my experience rappelling has been super smooth. I leave the seat down. I just sit down and release the tension on my Safegaurd. Get to the ground and stand up.

Jx3 motto should be: “Anything you can do, I can do better!”

Thanks for all the replies. I received my JX3 and did my first test sit couple feel off the ground and one 8-ish foot rappel. You guys were right, not problem. I do have a question how you are packing your spurs and rappel rope. I have fooled around with a couple option but have not found that "dang" this is perfect packing yet.

I store my rappel rope in a bino pouch fixed to right side of webbing harness. 35’ of oplux, quick link, safeguard, 2 biners, and autoblock

I store my rappel rope in a bino pouch fixed to right side of webbing harness. 35’ of oplux, quick link, safeguard, 2 biners, and autoblock
Are you running the autoblock with the safeguard?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Are you running the autoblock with the safeguard?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

yes. but don’t listen to me on what gear I use. I’m just a guy!

was just trying to help the fella with how to store the gear. I figure8 my rope into the bino pouch and it stays stored in there while I hunt. Then when I rappel, it plays out without having to dropbitbto ground

Thanks. I have been trying the "water bottle" storage method with mixed results. I tried attaching it to the right side webbing but did not like that location. Seemed to get in the way of the bridge. I will take another look.

Back