• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Jx3 mods

Davis21

I know that the JX3 is pretty awesome right out of the box, but just curious too see some ideas people are using to fine tune a little. I’ve seen some that have replaced bridge, added packs.. I’m trying to come up with a way to kind of clean up the straps and the ropes a little. Don’t really want all the ropes dangling around while walking in. Got a molle dump pouch to stuff the linesman or tether in when I’m not using it. But trying to find best place to attach. Haven’t really been able to get outside and play with it much.

Daisy chain your LB and clip it lineman's loop to lineman's loop behind your back while walking in. Climb Tree. Daisy Chain and clip behind your back while sitting. Out of sight out of mind.

As far as tether, mine fits in a pocket. I usually had it in my right cargo pocket, and then clipped to shoulder strap for climb.

Dump pouches don't make a ton of sense with the hybrid for me.

I carry my camera in an accessory pouch that I just clip on the waist belt in front of me. This would be a great option for anyone who doesn't want a full on pack. You could buy or build a pouch that's 10-12" wide that you wear walking and climbing, then either leave in place sitting, or take off and strap to tree. Think Fanny pack, without the straps, that just goes onto the hybrid belt.

I think a bino harness(even if you don't carry bino's) would be another easy convenient way to carry more crap without having issues accessing.

Agreed. I just got out of mine from a practice climbing session and daisy chaining and tucking seems to be all I need. Given the implicit weight penalty I want to avoid adding any extra weight from pouches, etc. that I can. If I can successfully manage all related tasks without extra weight then the Hybrid penalty is worth the comfort improvement. And boy is this thing comfortable!

The Muddy Pro is a great little 1-sticker. The cam cleat is if course the sweetest part but I also like that it's beefy build takes the brunt forces of 1-sticking so well. It tucks right in between the seat and back while walking in also. It is 3 lbs, but I'm not sure I notice it there.

I am going to try a Stacked Outdoors stick as an alternative. I like the plastic for a more quiet system and I suspect the top double step is more roomy to work with based on pics. It's supposedly a little lighter also. Losing the cam cleat is a bummer though. Might end up being six of one, half dozen of the other kind if thing.

How do you guys do the Daisy chain? Is there a video on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I just got out of mine from a practice climbing session and daisy chaining and tucking seems to be all I need. Given the implicit weight penalty I want to avoid adding any extra weight from pouches, etc. that I can. If I can successfully manage all related tasks without extra weight then the Hybrid penalty is worth the comfort improvement. And boy is this thing comfortable!

The Muddy Pro is a great little 1-sticker. The cam cleat is if course the sweetest part but I also like that it's beefy build takes the brunt forces of 1-sticking so well. It tucks right in between the seat and back while walking in also. It is 3 lbs, but I'm not sure I notice it there.

I am going to try a Stacked Outdoors stick as an alternative. I like the plastic for a more quiet system and I suspect the top double step is more roomy to work with based on pics. It's supposedly a little lighter also. Losing the cam cleat is a bummer though. Might end up being six of one, half dozen of the other kind if thing.
Love stackable sticks, great fit for Jx3. They make great platform

How do you guys do the Daisy chain? Is there a video on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same deal, just JX3 video this time. The daisy chain gets demonstrated after he climbs down, but before the salt bag test load.

I started posting about this bag in Kylers thread in the anything saddle related area, but I think this is a better spot for this. Work has been very busy and haven't had much time to mess around with how im going to transition the bag from the JX3 to the tree for use and then back onto the JX3, but I got a little time before work today. Not 100% finished, I'm getting ideas with using this simple zip tie. Putting the square locking piece into the small loop let's me angle it some so it's easier to place on the hook designed for the seat while in transport mode. There is just enough tension to keep the zip tie in place to make it easy to place back on the hook while sitting up in the tree. It's not perfect, but something to build off of. Might still end up bringing in a pack to pull up for the extra layers for the all day sits here in Michigan, time will tell.
1d07ee196404420a37c0f94e5ba3c8bf.jpg
748e42b43dc273039e4dfc7a84751796.jpg
6f47a220229e0860eddada2116204e88.jpg
fd4497322ecf24218be372be66551fb7.jpg
5198530c77543906a559aeb9de27a122.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Doyles hoist goes where?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I haven’t had a chance to really spend some time in mine. I figure it will take a hunt or two to see what I need where. But seems like the options are limitless

Back