• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kestrel back band

Erniepower

Vendor Rep
If you saw my review earlier, you know that the only complaint I had with the kestrel was the back band was too long. A little sewing and some seam ripping and I added 6 inches of adjustment. I also ended up removing the triglides to allow for easier adjustment
ca78461a821aca65070541f3fa1c268a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice work. I ended up doing the same. I repurposed the nite-ize biners too, and replaced them with some steel mini's I had from bow ropes.

IMG_9366.JPG

Last edited:
I found these at a local hardware store. They are rated for 115# working load and cost just a little over a buck. The wire gates lock pretty firmly. IMG_20171007_2464.jpg

IMG_20171007_48359.jpg

For less weight and something that might not make any noise when pulling it you could use a small soft shackle. I tried it out yesterday and it works really well. Thanks to Arkrider for the tip on it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I love soft shackles for things that are not life support. I use them for a back band on my original aero hunter

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

Back