• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kestrel clone question

wayne r

could I ask about the webbing and the adjustable hoops for the bridge and how these work is it not better to just have a set hoop size? or do people constantly adjust these and why, I am part way through my build and trying to figure out if they are needed or more of a gimmick or if they actually do something regards wayne

Im not entirely sure what youre asking. The only adjustment on most saddles is the adjustment under the leg. IMO that is entirely unnecessary. I do not include it on my builds. I do think that bridge length needs to be adjustable. You will want to adjust it depending on if you want to sit or lean or whatever. I also make my bridges long enough that i can wear it behind my neck when walking in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Do you mean this:
1566266515721.png
(the dark green webbing inside the light green box)?

Doesn't adjust. The black adjuster you see on the bottom is for shortening the bottom strap, but that's for creating a more cupped fit under your butt. The loop it's attached to - that the bridge attaches to - is sewn on, fixed in place, not adjustable.

Thanks for your help guys, yes the adjustable buckle/strap on the bottom strap in the green box is exactly what I mean, but looking at most saddles with these adjusters the bottom leg if you like is slightly longer and was wondering how important these are or weather it would be better to have the correct length of loops to start with I am more of a leaner on my sit drag and find this comfy, and looking at the cup effect it feels quite nice as is,regards wayne.

Last edited:
Back