• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kestrel flex 2019 vs 2020

Jimmy Wallhanger

What are the differences between the two models?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Coming from owning the first flex till now with the new. Off top the pleat is really stiff with is good cause u have to actually pull it down when needed. It doesnt sag like the old one did. Also the moveable leg straps are a plus. U can leave them at the original loop where they come or move them to the bridge loop like I did. Kinda makes you feel like they arent there but they are. Having both leg and bridge girth hitched help to get it in the correct angle for your individual comfort. They are super nice saddles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coming from owning the first flex till now with the new. Off top the pleat is really stiff with is good cause u have to actually pull it down when needed. It doesnt sag like the old one did. Also the moveable leg straps are a plus. U can leave them at the original loop where they come or move them to the bridge loop like I did. Kinda makes you feel like they arent there but they are. Having both leg and bridge girth hitched help to get it in the correct angle for your individual comfort. They are super nice saddles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

In my mind there are really 3 versions. The original, that had the lining that flaked out, and then the updated version of that one with the two sided cordura, and then the most recent version that was released along with the merlin. the newest version has some neat features, but the design changed some of what made the original flex so comfortable. I feel like the first two versions were superior to the current version.

Back