• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kestrel FLEX Video Review

I wonder why the bridge connects and disconnects on the right. previously their bridge would connect/disconnect on the left and the lineman would go in the opposite direction. Keep the metal on opposite sides of the saddle is what I always thought.

Great video. And super gracious comment from a pro staff member of Tethrd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed. This is obvious but for the record I have no affiliation to Aerohunter or New Tribe. Just an avid saddle hunter looking for what works best. Excited to receive my Mantis and be able to comment with more authority on the pros/cons of each system.

Saddles from Tethrd/Aerohunter have come leaps and bounds from what was commercially available only a few years ago. I am thankful to be on the receiving end of what these great companies are producing and am excited by how they are helping to "elevate" our collective hunting experience.

The rise in saddle hunting seems to coincide with a few things; the increased popularity of hunting public land and the thirst for real hunting knowledge vs. what the TV shows used to show. Mobile hunting setups and rigs that allow you to get farther into the bush have consequently surged in popularity and tree saddles seem to be leading the charge in this venue.

I wonder why the bridge connects and disconnects on the right. previously their bridge would connect/disconnect on the left and the lineman would go in the opposite direction. Keep the metal on opposite sides of the saddle is what I always thought.

Good point.

Not sure about this. My Evolution has the same configuration as the Flex - Both adjustments or attachments connect on the right. The evolution just uses a prussic/figure8 to connect the bridge, no beener. If you get one without a spliced eye you could swap the bridge/lineman to your preferred settings.

The bridge is spliced on the left side so it can't be easily changed. I got the kit so the linemans belt comes attached and it's attached with a figure 8 knot on the left side, carabiner on the right. That can be easily changed, untie the knot and put it on the other side. The problem I have is being right handed I like to attach the carabiner with my right hand. The metal carabiner can be wrapped to lessen chance of noise. Of course you can remove the factory stock bridge and make your own either webbing or amsteel.

Back