• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kestrel saddle sizing

Connor J

I am new to the saddle hunting world and am planning on ordering an Aero hunter kestrel kit for my first saddle. Looking for some feedback on the sizing of these saddles. The sizes offered are 26"-36" and 37"-46" for the waist. I wear a 34" waist for regular pants so I'm not sure if I should try the larger size to compensate for the added layers of cloths that I will have on. Any feedback on sizing or just the kestrel in general is appreciated, thanks!

Did you have a big butt or wide hips? Or do you suffer from noassat’all disease? Former - 2, latter -1

I like to think I have a normal size but haha

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Tapatalk

You are probably ok with a size 1. I'm a 36" waister and short and stocky and the size 2 is much better for me.

I have the Kite from Aero hunter. I do not know if the Kite and Kestrel have the exact same sizing. I’m a 34 waist and am 225 and 6’2” athletic type build. The size 2 fits me very comfortably, I could easily sleep in it with the back band. I thought I would go with the larger size as some on this site have recommended to make sure bulky winter clothes do not cause issues. There isn’t bunched material anywhere or anything that would make me think this saddle is too big for me.

I’m very glad I went with the Kite over the Kestrel so far. The mesh allows the wind to cool me off as I’m practicing this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback. I might actually look into the kite since I heard the kestrel is pretty far behind schedule and I want to have time to practice before the season starts. Going to try to contact Aero hunter for their wait times

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Tapatalk

Back