• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kifaru stryker xl

Drslyr

Iv’e had a kifaru 26” tactical frame for a few yrs now and never did much with it. Hauled some firewood and 8 ….12 pack cans of seltzer water up the stairs to my place multiple times but it mostly just sat in my hunting gear room. In sept. Im going to BC to photograph wildlife. Grizzlies, Dall sheep, elk etc. so i have decided to buy a bag for the frame i have to use on the trip to carry all my stuff including my clothes instead of a suitcase.
I’m a saddle hunter filmer and have not been happy with my current hunting filming pack. Just looking for input from anyone using the kifaru stryker xl as a day pack for eastern whitetail hunting as well as carrying camera gear. The bag arrives in a couple days. I used the frame the other day to haul water….8 cases of 12 pack cans up to the second floor with ease. I had forgotten just how nice this pack frame actually is. Been watching kifaru videos for days trying to pick the bag that will work for my needs. Hope i made the right choice. We shall see!IMG_1298.jpeg

Last edited:
I got a Stryker when they first came out and loved it. Still got it, actually. I picked up a used XL and while I haven't used it as much, it has all the things I wish the OG Stryker does. As far as a do it all pack its hard to go wrong with the Stryker XL

Iv’e had a kifaru 26” tactical frame for a few yrs now and never did much with it. Hauled some firewood and 8 ….12 pack cans of seltzer water up the stairs to my place multiple times but it mostly just sat in my hunting gear room. In sept. Im going to BC to photograph wildlife. Grizzlies, Dall sheep, elk etc. so i have decided to buy a bag for the frame i have to use on the trip to carry all my stuff including my clothes instead of a suitcase.
I’m a saddle hunter filmer and have not been happy with my current hunting filming pack. Just looking for input from anyone using the kifaru stryker xl as a day pack for eastern whitetail hunting as well as carrying camera gear. The bag arrives in a couple days. I used the frame the other day to haul water….8 cases of 12 pack cans up to the second floor with ease. I had forgotten just how nice this pack frame actually is. Been watching kifaru videos for days trying to pick the bag that will work for my needs. Hope i made the right choice. We shall see!View attachment 87861

Sounds like you may need to use a drybag on the load shelf for clothes and stuff. The capacity of the Stryker XL is only 1900cu.

I used mine some last season. Hauled a climbing platform and outerwear on the load sling; my saddle, ropes, kill-kit, layers, change of base layers, water, etc. in the bag. Worked like a charm.

Don't know anything about photography gear, so I can't speak to how it accommodates that.

I added a sherman pocket to my stryker xl setup and have my peak clip on the sherman. LWCG pocket arm goes in the sherman. Peak will also work on the shoulder strap but I am generally going in and coming out on the dark so not a lot of need for quick access to the camera.

Back