• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kirsh tracking nock vs pro-tracker barb near broadhead.

Samcirrus

Vendor Rep
SH Member
[/URL]
Vs
[/URL]
So my neighbor walked over as I was butchering my doe and I ended up telling him about my lost buck...He told me his fiance bought him these tracking nocks. I searched for them and there is a type that goes on the front near the broadhead, which obviously doesn't require a passthrough like the nock ones do.
Has anyone had any experiences with these and do you think its worth the high price tag, whether or not you can afford to buy it ATM. After losing that buck last week I think I would have paid out for them [n the spot.
The nock ones are much cheaper because for 600+$ you only get 1 of the front barb ones!!!

I wouldn't touch those with a 10 foot pole.

I skimmed both links.

1. It is unethical to leave a foreign body behind in a non-fatally wounded animal as it will make their healing more difficult and possibly cause them to die slowly (infection) or have more pain. I know folks sometimes find broadheads in deer and they are fine, but that is an anecdote and not a logical point (just cutting off an expected rebuttal).

2. More crap to worry about and go wrong.

3. Not finding a mortally struck deer is not incredibly common, but seems more common on the internet. It is rare enough that going through all this just for that scenario isn't worth it to me.

Back