• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kite Waist Buckle

BustinLungz82

Wanting to replace the waist buckle on my kite. What you guys using and size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Adrena123 recommended a plastic cobra buckle, that's what I ended up putting on mine and like it alot.
190b3bdf95c7b2b2cd167ead33296678.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If somehow u were to end upside down in your saddle wouldnt all your weight be put on the plastic buckle?? I thought of a snap buckle but decided against it..

I have the same one on my kite. All the waist belt does is hold the saddle on you while your climbing up and down.

I used one all last year. Wish I would have found it sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy for you guys, and if you like them, keep on keepin' on, but there is no way you'll catch me using plastic anywhere on my harness, saddle, etc. where it can potentially become life safety. I've broke too many plastic buckles on packs, cinch straps, etc., especially when the temps drop, to EVER trust my life at elevation to plastic.

So this is where personal level of acceptable risk comes into play. Waist buckles & leg straps/buckles are positioning devices to keep the saddle in the proper spot. But if your going to sell it to the masses it has to be weight rated....... but in all practicality it’s just peace of mind. I’m way safer in my method now than I ever was in a treestand!

NO WAY would I trust my life to a plastic buckle.
And you don't have to.. Baskin Robbins has so many damn flavors because not everyone likes the same thing. If you feel more comfortable with a metal buckle use a metal buckle.

I have hung upside down shock loaded my equipment put myself in positions that would be nearly impossible to get into on a hunt, I feel comfortable saying that the waste belt and the leg straps really dont come into play if your hanging from your bridge.

13 years in a trophyline ambush saddle with no waist belt or leg straps, I'm so crazy!!! Ha ha ha, some of you newbies are killing me.

And you don't have to.. Baskin Robbins has so many damn flavors because not everyone likes the same thing. If you feel more comfortable with a metal buckle use a metal buckle.

I have hung upside down shock loaded my equipment put myself in positions that would be nearly impossible to get into on a hunt, I feel comfortable saying that the waste belt and the leg straps really dont come into play if your hanging from your bridge.

Read response 13.

Not a fan of plastic, so I'm using the metal cobra buckle on my Kite. Substantially higher rating.

1557789050048.png

Last edited:
Back