• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kite with different bridge

barlow96

SH Member
Has anyone ordered a aerohunter kite with the new fixed webbing bridge. I mailed aerohunter today to asked if they would make it. I have a flex with that bridge and was wondering if they would set me up with the fixed webbing adjustable bridge on a kite. I would wait for it. No hurry as I have 2 saddles and this would be a third. Guess I have a problem.

Here in Baton Rouge area on the Mississippi River we have multiple chemical plants ie: Exxon, Dow Chemical, BASF and Georgia Pacific paper mill. This requires a large heavy industrial support presence. There are multiple shops that fabricate nylon lifting slings, heavy tarps and other sewn items. I called the business and ask if they would sew the bridge. If you don’t have that type of industry in your area try a leather shop. Shoe/luggage repair or saddle type work also require heavy sewing equipment capable of building a bridge.

I emailed them yesterday about it. Waiting on a reply.
Call them. They’re still faster than some other companies at answering, but call. There’s usually only one, maybe two ppl answering customers by email or phone, so call and if you get the voicemail, leave one then call again later. Did I write “call” enough times? They’ll change the kite in any way you want. Reflective stitching? Ask for it. Leg buckles upgraded? Ask for it. Different bridge material? Definitely ask for it.
My standard Kestrel came with reflective stitching, forward-placed LB loops, and a detachable webbing bridge. I just asked for them and paid upgrade costs. By calling lol. Debbie will hook you up.

I went with a setup similar to @nutterbusters tube webbing bridge tether combo. I used 10' of climb spec tube webbing from rei, tied a water knot with a 6" loop tag, a austriapline frame release d ring and a 23" tube webbing bridge with water knotted screw lock burners. This gave me an ultralight bridge/tether and super adjustability

Call them. They’re still faster than some other companies at answering, but call. There’s usually only one, maybe two ppl answering customers by email or phone, so call and if you get the voicemail, leave one then call again later. Did I write “call” enough times? They’ll change the kite in any way you want. Reflective stitching? Ask for it. Leg buckles upgraded? Ask for it. Different bridge material? Definitely ask for it.
My standard Kestrel came with reflective stitching, forward-placed LB loops, and a detachable webbing bridge. I just asked for them and paid upgrade costs. By calling lol. Debbie will hook you up.
Will do that.

I have one call Debbie she is great. I have raptor buckles on leg straps and waist buckle as well. I love this set up!
e0201a685a3722175a834d7c537327f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have one call Debbie she is great. I have raptor buckles on leg straps and waist buckle as well. I love this set up!
e0201a685a3722175a834d7c537327f8.jpg

When I ordered my Kite, Debbie told me about the Raptor buckle option. Glad I got those buckles. You can see I just had a fixed bridge sewn on my Kite but the adjustable is interesting. Do you know what buckle or tri-glide Aero is using on their adjustable bridge? Could you post a closer pic of the adjuster?

When I ordered my Kite, Debbie told me about the Raptor buckle option. Glad I got those buckles. You can see I just had a fixed bridge sewn on my Kite but the adjustable is interesting. Do you know what buckle or tri-glide Aero is using on their adjustable bridge? Could you post a closer pic of the adjuster?
See below
bf7c0d16d4d1680f146649e22c189c9d.jpg

I just sewed a fixed 24" tubular webbing bridge on my Kite. Seems lighter and way less bulky than the Predator Rope that it came with. Slides nicely through the biner also. No adjustability, but one less thing to fiddle with.

Trying to get back to a more minimalist setup with this saddle. Took off the Doyles. The new webbing bridge. Got an Oplux/Jammy on order for a LB/tether. Think I'll go back to amsteel backup LB. Streamlined setup.

When I want comfy but bulky I'll go JX3.

Thank me later
I'm guessing you don't want 16 of them for min order so see @DanO he's gonna get some in for us.

Last edited:
I called Lowy Enterprise and was able to convince the young lady that answered to mail me a single $3.15 for the buckle + $1.45 shipping and I will be building an adjustable bridge next week. Thank you.

Back