• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Knaider and Swaider; my take.

spear0

Still new to this whole saddle hunting and have been cruising through here seeing everyone else’s set ups. Feel like this subject is hidden in some threads but not really easy to find. I have a couple things I found that might simplify or improve ones set up for climbing. After making a fully adjustable set I settled on this fixed version to stream line.
9bc9ac1cdfd0849ddb686e46b5fc895b.jpg

The double castration band seems to be way better than a single one for holding loop in place.
184aa5e1e6678db2a4308fc8c06c1b1b.jpg
d7322a5de399fa1304bd5e8438f9380b.jpg

The constrictor knot is amazing. For many applications ( I use it in Spearfishing for tying shooting bands). Tie it leave some tag ends and pull tight with pliers and it will never come undone. I cut the ends short and burn down to extra seal the knot. The speedy stitch cord is perfect for this.

As for use, I have been leaving the Straps on my legs while hunting and forget they are even there.

I found the Metal Wire Hooks on strapworks.com they are small and lightweight but can stay hooked when climbing up. Thinking about filling them down to make rounded smooth edges less likely to hang up.

Hope this is not redundant information and helps someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back