• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Knaider Swaider issue

waynedawg51

SH Member
I am having an issue using the knaider/swaider setup. I can't keep the loops on my boots, usually on the descent. They want to work their way off the front of my boot and I am constantly having to reach down and work them back onto my instep. I have the castration band as tight as I can get it on the top of my boot, but when loading them with wait the band slides up the loop and loosens it off my boot. Was thinking of using a small bungee cord on each side of the loop and take it around the back of my heel just to keep them in place. Anybody else have this problem. Love the system, am getting 20' with 4 WE steps and a fifth for my Perch.

I tied a piece of small bungee cord on mine and loop it around my ankle to keep it in place. Just large enough to stretch around the boot to put it on, but tight enough to keep it in place.

I use a 11/2" piece of rubber tubing on mine instead of the castration band. Narrow as you can get it. Feed a piece of 550 thru first and then pull the loop thru. It should be a tight fit but it stays put when you cinch em down.

I use a 4-5” length of tubular webbing (feed your foot loop through the “tube” in the tubular webbing) PLUS a castration band. Together they stay cinched down pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tied a piece of small bungee cord on mine and loop it around my ankle to keep it in place. Just large enough to stretch around the boot to put it on, but tight enough to keep it in place.
I do similar on my knaider. I basically tie a prussik with a shockcord and loop the end down over my toes.

Thanks for all the input. I put some elastic cord on that will go behind my ankle. Will test it this afternoon on a flintlock hunt. Right now looks like it should work, will let you know.

I used a piece of garden hose about 1.5" long, slit it open and wrapped it around webbing and stretched black tape around the hose real tight.. makes a great cinching method! On the next one I used shrink tube so tape don't come unraveled..

Back