• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Knaider/swaider question

raysting06

So my k/s just showed up like 30 mins before I had to head out for work. So I didn’t get much time to play around with it. But I’m right handed and I’ve noticed on videos everybody is using the swaider on there left foot which would be your first step up. What foot is everyone using the swaider on vs which hand dominate are you. And I probably have to play around with strap adjustments . And play with lineman belt length. But I’ll get some practice time in tomorrow before work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So my k/s just showed up like 30 mins before I had to head out for work. So I didn’t get much time to play around with it. But I’m right handed and I’ve noticed on videos everybody is using the swaider on there left foot which would be your first step up. What foot is everyone using the swaider on vs which hand dominate are you. And I probably have to play around with strap adjustments . And play with lineman belt length. But I’ll get some practice time in tomorrow before work.

I’m right handed and my swaider goes on the left and knaider on the right. Feel like I have more control with my right knee to hook and unhook the knaider. On the lineman’s you want it to be pretty far out. You will lean back into the belt and then up to give your legs space to advance. You will find that sweet spot and it will click. Good luck!

Knaider on my right as well but its just personal preference.

I’m right handed and my swaider goes on the left and knaider on the right. Feel like I have more control with my right knee to hook and unhook the knaider. On the lineman’s you want it to be pretty far out. You will lean back into the belt and then up to give your legs space to advance. You will find that sweet spot and it will click. Good luck!

This is exactly my answer

I'm a lefty and I put my swaider on my left foot. It's just how I started. It might be I feel I have more strength and control on that side, and since the swaider is longer and most likely to kick out I put it on that side. Also if your on a ladder which foot would you most likely step down with first? That would be your knaider side? Try both and see which side feels more natural.

So if anybody can kinda help with thought process on this. “Sorry I have no friends that hunt nor saddle hunt so everything I’ve seen or learned is on YouTube and forums” I can comfortably put my swaider on step about neck height . And lineman’s rope I put about the height of step then when it comes to putting my knaider up i can’t lift my leg high enough to lock in knaider. Will this be an issue of shorting swaider to give me a higher step to comfortably being my knee up higher for lock in?

So if anybody can kinda help with thought process on this. “Sorry I have no friends that hunt nor saddle hunt so everything I’ve seen or learned is on YouTube and forums” I can comfortably put my swaider on step about neck height . And lineman’s rope I put about the height of step then when it comes to putting my knaider up i can’t lift my leg high enough to lock in knaider. Will this be an issue of shorting swaider to give me a higher step to comfortably being my knee up higher for lock in?

I put my step about nipple high, so it may just be an issue of lowering the step.

I put my step about nipple high, so it may just be an issue of lowering the step.

I was thinking this too. But then I started thinking well once I’m clipped in with swaider my step is at a fixed height regardless of how high I am . But right now I’m just at work and all I can do is ponder till tomorrow practice sesh

How high is the carabiner on your swaider? I have mine below belt height to make my knaider easier to hook in. I set my step about mouth/nose height.

Shorten the swaider til you can make a comfortable step with the knaider

This is what I was thinking. I’ve got it at let’s say private or just above height. Pretty much what I seen in the videos. But tomorrow I’ll shorten it a bit and see if that helps with reaching with knaider

This is my current preferred method with the WEI stepps. I usually set my steps about chest height, with the swaider on my left, and knaider on my right (I'm righty). I have my swaider length set so that my right upper leg is parallel to the ground when I hook the knaider in. I'm being conservative, but 5 stepps will get me to 20'. Your lineman's rope management is key here! Practice, practice, practice!

Last edited:
This is my current preferred method with the WEI stepps. I usually set my steps about chest height, with the swaider on my left, and knaider on my right (I'm righty). I have my swaider length set that my right upper leg is parallel to the ground when I hook the knaider in. I'm being conservative, but 5 stepps will get me to 20'. Your lineman's rope management is key here! Practice, practice, practice!

Hey thanks for the input. I figure it out . Still in practice phase. But I got my swaider on right and Caribeaner comes up to where bottom of private area which gives me a slight angle up in the leg when connected to step. And that has helped me get to the knaider more comfortable. I’m practicing on a telephone pole . That isn’t incredibly tall so I’m just practicing going up one step and back down till I got both up and down practiced good

Last edited:
Back