• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Knaider/Swaider vs One Stick vs Combination

checkerfred

So right now if I go deep on public or in real steep terrain, I use the one stick method with my assault. I've just made the change to the sit drag saddle to cut weight even more by using a small platform. The Knaider/Swaider idea is neat but 4 WE steps weigh 4lbs whereas one stick weighs 2.5.

My question is for those that have tried both, which method is easier to climb with and exerts less energy (here in the south I sweat walking in and setting up even when it's cold). Is it easier using the Knaider/Swaider with one stick vs. the traditional one stick method?

When I have used the one stick method I found it to be rather strenuous. It took at least 5 moves with the sticks to get to hunting height with an aider.

I hunt mostly in Mississippi and I feel your pain. I’ve been trying the wild edge steps with a 5 step aider and I’m getting 20 feet with 3 steps and a platform. I think the WE steps are less work. I haven’t used them Hunting yet, just my simulated hunting climbs in the yard.

I also think the WE steps are faster than one sticking. I’d say try both and see what you like. I will probably use a combination of both depending on the situation, walk, etc.

Back