• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Knaider/Swaider

K1white3

I am looking for one of these bad boys to help me extend my range. But I have a newbie question. I am looking for something that just wraps quickly around the stick and I just step into. Not really something attached to my knee to help give me a boost. Hard to explain but I basically want to throw a loop around one of the steps and let that hang so I could potentially move it to the next step up as I go. I will be building DIY so material suggestions are cool too. Anything like that?

I am looking for one of these bad boys to help me extend my range. But I have a newbie question. I am looking for something that just wraps quickly around the stick and I just step into. Not really something attached to my knee to help give me a boost. Hard to explain but I basically want to throw a loop around one of the steps and let that hang so I could potentially move it to the next step up as I go. I will be building DIY so material suggestions are cool too. Anything like that?
Watch "DIY" Sportsman on YT. He does a tubular webbing aider and goes step by step. Hes really good and very thorough explaining.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

But you can get tubular webbing and cut at your length of how high you gonna put your stick for a one step aider. Cut that in length and tie on a water knot. I think that's how most guys are doing it, if you choose to do the one strap aider from stick to stick. I'm working on one a the moment and I'm just using reagular strap webbing to find my length, then on front that point will order what I need.

But you can get tubular webbing and cut at your length of how high you gonna put your stick for a one step aider. Cut that in length and tie on a water knot. I think that's how most guys are doing it, if you choose to do the one strap aider from stick to stick. I'm working on one a the moment and I'm just using reagular strap webbing to find my length, then on front that point will order what I need.
Here is a website I found. A hell of a lot cheaper.

https://www.industrialwebbing.com/webbing-nylon-polyester-polypropylene/

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dont mind the dirty carpet but try this technique I think you will like it better. This way when you climb back down the aider is always on your feet instead of searching for it on the way down. Pretty much the big loop will loop ontop of your sticks and the little loop is girth hitch to your feet. Knots are just water knot pretty much double over hand to make the loop and I just kept the tag end on there incase I needed to adjust it.

Attachments

• 20190821_173052.jpg
    20190821_173052.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 59
Back