• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Knaider trouble

fawnzy

When I try to use my knaider with my WE steps, the hook consistently hangs up on the step instead of releasing when I step up. Very frustrating.
What do you guys do? I wonder what I am doing wrong or not doing right. Does this happen to anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try adjusting I’d shorter. It sounds like it is above your knee and flopping around. It needs to be tight to your knee to work properly.

This happens to me too, a little bit. I just make sure to lift my knee straight up. Maybe I should do a little of what @EricS suggests above.

I put a couple castration bands below the straps on each side to keep them high up on the hook. When the straps are higher up they will pull the hook more vertical and keep it from catching.

Red, can you post a picture?

I found that the hooks are way to deep. I took a hack saw to the end and shaved off about 3/8ths and then rounded it with a file. Still plenty there to get hooked on safely, but not so much that it snags when I want it to unhook.

Red, can you post a picture?

On vacation and out the door to the beach right now. Tag me or quote this to remind me and I'll do it when I get home later, I have it in the car.

Here's the pic of the one I trimmed back
b1b7b7fc56ec0ae5001551fdee658310.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

This is my variation of this fix. Thought about adding one on each side strap as well, but this seems fine now.
4ac4d0dc7bbd0e21ea1a73ae7bde4c3d.jpg

I’ll give it a go.

So far I’m liking the modified Cain method

I’ll give it a go.

So far I’m liking the modified Cain method

Sorry, vacation brain. The castration bands need to go on the top to keep the strap down. When the strap is down the hook comes up straighter. When the strap rides up it pushes the hook forward and it doesn't come off as easy.
48f325ef073e89f074f2961a29f3977d.jpg

Thanks Red and I’ll be diligent about where I post a thread in the future

Sorry, vacation brain. The castration bands need to go on the top to keep the strap down. When the strap is down the hook comes up straighter. When the strap rides up it pushes the hook forward and it doesn't come off as easy.
48f325ef073e89f074f2961a29f3977d.jpg
I wonder if the difference in the hook designs affects it, but I tried mine on top this evening as you mentioned, but didn't seem to work as well for me as how I had it. The only problem I was having originally was general looseness and once I eliminated the slop, it made it better to use.

Enjoy the beach!

Back