• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Knaider with sticks, not working for me.

ctbreitwieser

I currently have 3 full length Muddy Aerolite sticks, and I'm using 8mm GM climbing rope (from Amazon) for rope mods, and they lock up great on the tree when using them like they're intended.

I made a knaider the other day and thought I could attach a loop to the bottom of each stick and it would essentially give me a whole other stick worth of height. For some reason though, everytime I hook my knaider in, and go to put my weight on it, the bottom of the stick pulls out, it slides down the tree, and and my rope starts pulling through behind the loop.

Has anyone else had this happen to them, and any ideas why it's happening?

I’ve never had an attachment method for sticks that would allow a rope to pull loose, that seems odd.

Also when you’re seating the stick to begin with pull the bottom of the stick away from the tree and pull down.

I’ve never had an attachment method for sticks that would allow a rope to pull loose, that seems odd.

Also when you’re seating the stick to begin with pull the bottom of the stick away from the tree and pull down.

I haven't tried pulling the bottom out before setting it. I'll try it and see if that helps. Thanks!

Back