• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Knee band

goodtimeshooter

Maybe this is a solution to a problem no one but me has, or maybe it's been done and I just haven't seen it,but I thought I'd share just in case.... I just started with saddles this year, but between practice and hunts I have many many hours in my saddle and feel that I have the comfort pretty well dialed in with the exception of my feet and knees. I have trouble with both of those things anyway, so in the saddle it's been a struggle. After so long leaning my feet need a break, but even sitting there is still some pressure on my feet plus even with good knee pads there is 1.) a lot of pressure on the knees 2.) depending on tree size there isn't room for both knees. If I hike my knees up on the tree to take all the weight off of my feet then all of the pressure is on my knees plus one or the other is always wanting to slip off to the side of the tree and I'm using leg muscles to try to stabilize. Finally, I HATE sitting straddling the tree with my body right against it. I never figured out how to help all this until we had a cold snap and I broke out my IWOM for the first time. A few hours into the hunt I realized that without even thinking about it I was sitting, there was almost no pressure on my feet and my knees weren't trying to skip off to one side or the other. The difference was the IWOM. The fabric stretches across the tree, which takes a lot of the pressure, plus the knees actually ride off the side of the tree and are pushing against the fabric, not the hard tree. I'm in indiana, so it's 25 degrees that day and a day later it's 75 and I'm sweating, no IWOM, back to the same problem. I had a fleece saddle I had been playing around with, made a small change and came up with this. It really made a big difference for me, I don't use it constantly, but for long sits it really saves my feet and knees.

Attachments

• 20201104_220355.jpg
    20201104_220355.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 109
I’ve done this with my linesman belt on long sits. On smaller trees it really seems to fatigue my inner thigh/groin muscles when trying to keep knees together while sitting against the small surface area, causing me to wiggle and fidget more. Bigger trees aren’t as much of a problem. I saw @WHW did something similar to this I believe, which is what gave me the idea. It’s definitely a small detail that you don’t hear discussed much in the world of ‘saddle talk’, but when you notice it, it’s hard to ignore it. I really only did it to help keep my knees together, not really to get the pressure off the knees themselves.

Back