• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Knee Pads - Saved me from serious injury

Bama_Xander

I am a knee pad fan. I have the Arc's and they are comfortable to walk in. I always put them on when I am gearing up and wear them the whole hunt. I have found them nice when kneeling to look at sign. It saves pressure on your knee and moisture from getting your knee wet. I also had to stay kneeled down and shoot from my knees on a deer last year that I bumped while walking into the woods. It was much more comfortable and easy to get that shot off with the pads on.

But this year, they really saved me from a serious injury. I had geared up at the cabin and was walking with my bow in hand outside. My foot caught on a piece of brush and I started to fall. I was not going to throw my Mathews Vertix, especially since I was falling toward the pavement. Both my knees crushed into the pavement and I caught myself with my left hand while saving my bow. Had I not been wearing my knee pads, I would have seriously hurt my knees or seriously damaged my bow. Since I was wearing them, I poped up without a bit of pain and ready to go slay some deer. #winning

Haver your knee pads ever saved the day?

Luckily I have yet to be in a situation where my kneepads have prevented injury but I can definitely echo the usefulness of having knee pads while out scouting! I was out last weekend and had to bushwhack it through 200 yards of the thickest nastiest crap to complete my 4 mile scouting loop. I was on hands and knees for a good portion of it through pig trails. It would have been beyond miserable if not for the Arcs.

Yep! They're great when ground hunting in the ghille suit. They're also useful crossing creek banks when a hand is full and you need extra traction using your knee and foot for grip up the bank.

Back