• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Knot for aider

Yodan

Apr 15, 2019
Western New York
I was wondering what is the name of this knot. It's attaching a length of webbing together for an aider and was wondering if it's safe to use.image.jpeg

Hailey_Phillips

SH Member
Oct 23, 2016
Wesson, MS
Looks like an overhand knot. That’s the knot DIY Sportsman uses in his aider making video. It’s the one I use, just in a different form. I don’t have a small loop to go on my stick, mine is one giant loop that I hang from to top stand-off of my stick.

Torvic

Mar 18, 2019
Looks like an overhand knot. That’s the knot DIY Sportsman uses in his aider making video. It’s the one I use, just in a different form. I don’t have a small loop to go on my stick, mine is one giant loop that I hang from to top stand-off of my stick.
The small loop is to be able to used a carabiner!

Reactions: Hailey_Phillips

Torvic

Mar 18, 2019
Torvic and Hailey_Phillips thanks for the help. I saw this knot about 6 months ago. I can't even remember what it was used for so I tied it and put it aside. I'm going to use it for an aider. Thanks again
You're welcome glad to be able to help!

Reactions: Hailey_Phillips