• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kong “Back-Up”, Reference One Stick Climbing Method

melocal

I really don’t know many pieces of equipment that function as fall prevention, work positioning, AND fall arrest. Came across this Kong Back-Up and I am interested in other people’s thoughts. I would be using this with single stick climb. Although price is always a factor in gear choice, I would like to acknowledge that yes, this is pricey, and yes, it requires *edit* 10-12 mil rope. I have searched and haven’t seen any threads on this. Looking forward to feedback.

Last edited:
I looked into this previously and think it is a nice piece of equipment that is better suited to our needs. But like you said, the price is up there and 10-12mm rope eliminates some really nice rope options that many of us are using.

I can go up my 9mm htp with a 6mm friction hitch tied into a swabisch...I can move it freely up the rope and should it will arrest my fall if that happens. Cost...about 15.00 for a 12' section.

Back