• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kong Buckle strength

Kmarks

Does anyone know what the break point is for the Kong Buckle 928f.44?

It is half the price of Cobra buckles, and am thinking about using it on a DIY saddle

It’s very similar to the buckles on many tree stand harnesses I’ve used. I would assume it’s strong enough. Kong is building a lot of climbing gear so it’s safe to assume if it’s strong enough to meet a 18 or 24 kn rating it would be rated for such. That said you know what assuming does.

I was thinking the same thing... I like the cobra, but thought there’d be more too it. I have a couple old tree stand harnesses that have buckles that seem as good as if not better. Maybe going back and working with them would renew my opinion for good or bad...

It’s very similar to the buckles on many tree stand harnesses I’ve used. I would assume it’s strong enough. Kong is building a lot of climbing gear so it’s safe to assume if it’s strong enough to meet a 18 or 24 kn rating it would be rated for such. That said you know what assuming does.
Yup, Kong is serious stuff. Italian made as I recall...

I am planning on getting mine from milspecmonkey.com

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back