• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kong duck rope vs ropeman ascender

i believe the kong duck can be used on 8mm ropes when the ropeman cant be used on that thin of a rope. the thing to with the duck there is a proper way to use it. look up the use on YouTube to use it properly.

this info is coming from a noobie with only hours of video watching and zeri experience at this time

I absolutely LOVED my ropeman, but now using 8mm rope I switched to a konduck and was really un easy about it. I've grown to like it just as much. No complaints. I would say go with a ropeman if you have thick rope, if you have 8mm rope go with the kong duck

I personally use the CT Roll'n'Lock with Oplux (8mm) on both my lineman's and tether.
seconded. i like the way the ct rollnlock handles the rope better than the duck. there's also a few failure testing videos of the CT rollnlock on youtube that made me more confident using it.

Back