• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kuiu pack?

Rymanco

Anyone thought about the Kuiu Venture 1800? Looks like a decent pack for $180. Anyone have any experience with Kuiu or this pack? Was thinking about the MR pop up 28 but came across this and it has peaked my interest for over $100 lessScreenshot_20180809-195354.png Screenshot_20180809-195358.png Screenshot_20180809-195354.png Screenshot_20180809-195358.png

Yup. I think that’s gonna be my new pack. Been eying it since it 1st came out a couple months ago. I think it has everything I want.

It appears to be a different style of pack than the MR 28. It does look nice, but I don't think the price comparison is apples/apples.

What are the feature of this pack that have you putting it ahead of the other besides price?

It appears to be a different style of pack than the MR 28. It does look nice, but I don't think the price comparison is apples/apples.

What are the feature of this pack that have you putting it ahead of the other besides price?

Yea I know one is a frame pack and one has the internal frame. I'm just looking for a good pack to carry my 3 Helium sticks and predator platform as well as send small stuff like binocs, rangefinder, thermocell, rope, and possibly a jacket to put on once I get to the tree.

I'm not sure at this point what to do lol. I won't be carrying a ton of weight. I'm trying to be as lightweight as possible.

I hadn’t looked at others like it but I’m a Kuiu fan. I have the icon pro 5000 and like it. I like the venture because it has an internal frame. Wish I could hold one before buying but I’m thinking it won’t be very noticeable with no load but help a lot when hauling out a deboned deer. I like the deep side pockets which my badlands in comparable size pockets are too shallow. Internal zippered pockets are how I want them. Buckled straps underneath where I like to roll up a jacket. Buckled straps on the face where I’ll strap in my platform and sticks. Sticks may go on the sides. I’ll play with that. 2 big front pockets for gear like calls, thermacell, range finder, and arm guard,so I don’t have to dig in deep main compartment. Main compartment will only store hydration bladder and garbage bags for packing out meat or Glenn’s deer handle depending on where I’m hunting. Also rain gear if needed. Every day use items like compass, flash light, etc go in waist belt pockets. It has the layout I look for in all my day packs over the years plus a light internal frame. I just need some money.

I'm all over the place on trying to pick a new pack. The MR pop up line is nice, this one is nice and I have even been looking at the Horn Hunter G2 or G3. Those appeal to me because they are designed for treestand use. Wish I could combine features from several.

Last edited:
I'm all over the place on trying to pick a new pack. The MR pop up line is nice, this one is nice and I have even been looking at the Horn Hunter G2 or G3. Those appeal to me because they are designed for treestand use. Wish I could combine features from several.

I have a Hornhunter G2 pack and it is awesome. It is also a lot cheaper that the Kuiu pack. Ghe G2 pack has a lot of compartments to keep things organized and it is easy to strap your sticks and bow to the pack. I have one and am going to order another as a back up. I like the pack that much.

https://www.amazon.com/Horn-Hunter-...027&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=horn+hunter+g2+pack

I have a Hornhunter G2 pack and it is awesome. It is also a lot cheaper that the Kuiu pack. Ghe G2 pack has a lot of compartments to keep things organized and it is easy to strap your sticks and bow to the pack. I have one and am going to order another as a back up. I like the pack that much.

https://www.amazon.com/Horn-Hunter-...027&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=horn+hunter+g2+pack

One you try a higher quality pack like a Kuiu or Mystery Ranch or Kifaru you will understand why they cost more

Just a heads up, I added a Venture 2300 to my cart and it automatically popped up with a coupon for free shipping and $15 off. Unfortunately the 1800 won't work for me since I need a large but they have them in the 2300.

It's not giving me any codes lol?

Just a heads up, I added a Venture 2300 to my cart and it automatically popped up with a coupon for free shipping and $15 off. Unfortunately the 1800 won't work for me since I need a large but they have them in the 2300.

Have you tried adding a 2300? You running any adblockers? It just popped up for me when I added the 2300.

Back