• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lake Winnebago, WI

MN_Bowhunter4

My family and I are heading to lake Winnebago at the end of the month for a long weekend of relaxation and fishing. We’re staying on the west side of the lake, with the cabin on a channel off the main body. It'll be our first time on the lake and we’re looking forward to it!

Any advice or tips for folks who’ve fished the lake? We’re generalists, just happy to boat a few of any species for the fry pan.

I live in the area, it can be a lot of fun. Haven't heard much on the bite recently.

I've never done it but I know people have used slip bobbers and worms over some reefs on the west side of the lake in the Oshkosh area to catch walleyes.

I know perch and bluegills can be had in the area you're headed.

Most of my experience fishing the lake has been trolling for walleyes with planer boards and nightcrawler harnesses.

Have fun. It's a great area. Might try little lake Butte des morts as well (pronounced: bue de more).

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Menomonie Park if you have little ones. My brother lived in Oshkosh for a few years. Kids loved the park down there. Never got to fish the lake. Could never get excited to tow my boat from Mi to Wisconsin and go around Chicago. I would have gone through the UP. But would have had a hard time passing dah lakes up der eh.

Thanks guys. No kids for us, parents are dragging the boat from Michigan and we’re coming over from Minnesota. Kind of a half way deal that we landed on Winnebago. We’re excited to get on the water!

How is the traffic on the lake? I imagine it’s pretty busy?

Back