• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Latitude Method Classic Saddle

swampsnyper

Any try one. I haven’t seen any videos on it or found any reviews in the search.

Anyway. Over the last few years, I’ve tried a few saddles and keep going back to my Kestrel. I’ve tried a couple guys kites and was like, wow that’s the one! So I bought one. Loved it for a short sit but after an hour like most mesh saddles, the mesh stretches and doesn’t spread the load like the solid kestrel and you start feeling the pressure in the main straps. I was thinking of sewing a vertical strap from top strap to bottom strap but my sewing machine sucks. I remembered seeing a saddle with that vertical strap. [mention]Jefferson10940 [/mention] pointed out to me that the method saddle has that. I think it’s a good idea. Curious to see how it works. So I ordered their classic one panel saddle today.
Just looking for some first hand experience from someone. This saddle may be a sleeper... can’t wait to try it out.

I have sat in a few mesh saddles as well. My friends and I have discussed the downfall to the mesh saddles several times, and you see it the same way that we do. In a mesh saddle, you eventually end up sitting on the two straps only, and you feel them. I have been SO close to pulling the trigger on a lattitude classic saddle many times, entirely due to those two vertical straps on their one panel classic. I think that may solve the problem. I am VERY excited to hear what you think of this saddle. Please post your results after you get it.

Last edited:
Even the solid cordura saddles stretch and you feel the 2 straps, but it’s not nearly like a mesh saddle. I thought about the 2 panel saddles spreading the load over 4 straps and was about to buy a recon. Then I tried one this weekend for a few minutes. I still felt the 2 straps on the bottom panel and the top panel was more of lumbar support. I put all 4 under my bottom but it just wasn’t what I was looking for. I think I would like it more with more fiddle time and learning it but the thought of the method classic in a saddle design I’m already use too, won this purchase. I might hate it. But I’m intrigued at the moment.

I hope it gets there before I do in November I'm curious to see if it makes a difference as well and looks like a pretty nice saddle. Now just go ahead and order the two panel version they make so I can play with it as well.

I hope it gets there before I do in November I'm curious to see if it makes a difference as well and looks like a pretty nice saddle. Now just go ahead and order the two panel version they make so I can play with it as well.

Look what I dug up in my old post of a saddle I made way back in the SaddleHunter.com days.

2edba49b390b58fb5b73c2fe353a689e.jpg

e8609ada4753775f21be7776cafc50eb.jpg

See! I knew I like the vertical strap idea! Lol

Look what I dug up in my old post of a saddle I made way back in the SaddleHunter.com days.

2edba49b390b58fb5b73c2fe353a689e.jpg

e8609ada4753775f21be7776cafc50eb.jpg

See! I knew I like the vertical strap idea! Lol
You could probably add them to just about any saddle and help distribute weight better because like you said material is going to stretch even in the Kestrel. I only hunted out of a mantis in mesh and did not care for it.

You could probably add them to just about any saddle and help distribute weight better because like you said material is going to stretch even in the Kestrel. I only hunted out of a mantis in mesh and did not care for it.

That’s exactly what i was thinking of doing to my kite. But my sewing machine is trash.

Just got a Cruzr and am on my first 5 day hunt with it. I must say for hanging time I'm 50% more comfortable than my Kestral.
I've owned an EVO Mantis Kite Kestrel Strech and double sit drag sewn together with the Kestrel my go to saddle.
The Cruzr beats them all hands down for sitting in. I don't like the waist belt or the leg straps to flimsy webbing and buckles dig into my legs when hanging to adjust LWHC.
Saw a review between the Latitude and Cruzr and both had good and bad points.
Just my thoughts.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Just got a Cruzr and am on my first 5 day hunt with it. I must say for hanging time I'm 50% more comfortable than my Kestral.
I've owned an EVO Mantis Kite Kestrel Strech and double sit drag sewn together with the Kestrel my go to saddle.
The Cruzr beats them all hands down for sitting in. I don't like the waist belt or the leg straps to flimsy webbing and buckles dig into my legs when hanging to adjust LWHC.
Just my thoughts.

Long time, brother. How you been? You still working out of port fourchon?

Just my thoughts.

What makes the cruzer different? Different cut or sizing? The flex design (pleated) saddles, seem like it will give less support or spread of weight distribution, putting more weight on the 2 main straps. That’s just the theory I’m set on right now. I’ve never sat in a pleated saddle.
Anyway, good to see you again.

What makes the cruzer different? Different cut or sizing? The flex design (pleated) saddles, seem like it will give less support or spread of weight distribution, putting more weight on the 2 main straps. That’s just the theory I’m set on right now. I’ve never sat in a pleated saddle.
Anyway, good to see you again.
I'm sitting in it now but at lunch I got a tape out and compared length from bridge loop to bridge loop. They were close to the same about 37". Bridge length within an inch around 32. The Cruzr has adjustable amsteel and that's where I had it. So to answer your question it must be the cut and extra webbing. I do like the prussic knots on the bridge loops makes a world of difference being able to adjust where the bridge ties in at. There is very little hip pinch unlike most of the other saddles I mentioned earlier.
I will change my Kestrel over to the adjustable bridge and that could help make it better.
I've put 30 or 35 hours on it the last 4 days and really like the way it sits.
But it has draw backs with straps being so flimsy can't think of an easy upgrade and really don't like them. Would be a deal breaker if it didn't sit so well.

Last edited:
I have sat in a few mesh saddles as well. My friends and I have discussed the downfall to the mesh saddles several times, and you see it the same way that we do. In a mesh saddle, you eventually end up sitting on the two straps only, and you feel them. I have been SO close to pulling the trigger on a lattitude classic saddle many times, entirely due to those two vertical straps on their one panel classic. I think that may solve the problem. I am VERY excited to hear what you think of this saddle. Please post your results after you get it.
Hmmm. I have a new Merlin on order, and debated on if I should get the regular non-mesh material, I still have time to change my order (update).

People should be getting their hands on some soon, looking forward to reviews. Is the stretch factor between the mesh and cordura that significant?
Know some like it for early season (breathes better), but that's not an issue for me, even in early season, need all the help these days to keep warm.
Wonder why they only offer one camo pattern now.

Long time, brother. How you been? You still working out of port fourchon?
Denotes my old friend. Yes long time yes I'll be in Fourchon Wednesday night midnight! How the heck are you and fam? I'll bet Madeline getting big and how's her partner Henry?

Any try one. I haven’t seen any videos on it or found any reviews in the search.

Anyway. Over the last few years, I’ve tried a few saddles and keep going back to my Kestrel. I’ve tried a couple guys kites and was like, wow that’s the one! So I bought one. Loved it for a short sit but after an hour like most mesh saddles, the mesh stretches and doesn’t spread the load like the solid kestrel and you start feeling the pressure in the main straps. I was thinking of sewing a vertical strap from top strap to bottom strap but my sewing machine sucks. I remembered seeing a saddle with that vertical strap. [mention]Jefferson10940 [/mention] pointed out to me that the method saddle has that. I think it’s a good idea. Curious to see how it works. So I ordered their classic one panel saddle today.
Just looking for some first hand experience from someone. This saddle may be a sleeper... can’t wait to try it out.

All existing Classic orders should be caught up by the end of this week so you’ll have it soon ;)

Adam Miller from the Bowhunter Chronicles podcast has been hunting the Classic this season, killed a good one out of it last week. He’s doing a video review soon here I believe

Back