• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Leg straps

Tater

How many are not using leg straps on there saddles? I thought i had seen where some were removing factory leg straps?

I was shooting from about 4ft last evening and didnt use them and did not really feel like they do much as far as safety. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What saddle, I have a mantis and a tactisaddle, and I dont think I would want to climb at all knowing it would be possible to slide though and out.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

As far as I can tell, the leg straps aren’t life-support so much as they are saddle-support. Like @Wyatt_burp i think they’re mostly to keep the saddle in place. I’ve heard they also help with cupping if you’re a sitter, which I can’t substantiate because I’m a leaner.

Yeah, I lean mostly but as @DelaWhere_Arrow said, when you sit the straps keep everything in place. I'll do two hours leaning and half hour sitting to ease tension.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I have a kestrel and I removed my leg straps. I hunted from a treesuit since 2003 and a treesuit does not have leg straps. I personally feel safe and see no way I could "slip" out of the saddle. I tried at ground level with my kestrel and leg straps not attached. I even turned upside down and could not slip out.

please keep in mind this is not advice for anyone, it is only what I am doing.

Saddle hunting for 13 yrs

Saddle hunting without leg straps for 12 yrs

Cut them off

Enough videos out there proving your not going to slide through your saddle

Back