• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lemme see those squirrel step pouches

Mengle

After climbing with the squirrel steps, I have decided it will be my go-to method. I used dump pouches just to see how I like it, but would like something over the shoulder.

I have a few items in the cart and ideas running through my head but have not pulled the trigger in anything.

Just curious as to what you all who are climbing with squirrel steps are using to carry them?

Thanks in advance.

There's a member here with a prototype SquirrelStep bag - I didn't take pictures before I sent it out but it is made out of the same saddlecloth as some of my pouches with an over-the-shoulder sling. I think @Squirrels might also be working on something that would be awesome I'm sure.

Im going with a sling pack I believe. About to receive a 5.11 Moab 6. It was an impulse buy, so I’m gonna try it out and return if I don’t like it.

Even with Labor Day sale it was expensive for a sling pack by my standards. If it can fit WE steps and squirrel steps (not at the same time) then I might consider keeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if I was using them as a climbing method I would try to use a rope and some type of rod as a tee to hold them. Then you could turn the tee and push it through the hole. I hope that makes sense.

Or if you had some type of rod to slide them down on to with a dump pouch on bottom for the straps.

There's a member here with a prototype SquirrelStep bag - I didn't take pictures before I sent it out but it is made out of the same saddlecloth as some of my pouches with an over-the-shoulder sling. I think @Squirrels might also be working on something that would be awesome I'm sure.

I was hoping to get some ideas to take to him. From what I’ve seen he cranks out the best stuff around

I think if I was using them as a climbing method I would try to use a rope and some type of rod as a tee to hold them. Then you could turn the tee and push it through the hole. I hope that makes sense.

I think I understand. It would keep them nice & tight.

i dont have ss yet, but would this molle pouch work for transporting them? i am thinking about ordering this pouch to store cranford t-steps. i figured you might could use them for ss too if the buckles/straps would fit. If so, you could attach to molle loops on saddle which would be handy.

i dont have ss yet, but would this molle pouch work for transporting them? i am thinking about ordering this pouch to store cranford t-steps. i figured you might could use them for ss too if the buckles/straps would fit. If so, you could attach to molle loops on saddle which would be handy.
Here is the link:

Back