• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lets talk bridges and tethers

kodiak3842

I am wanting to make an adjustable bridge and tree tether from Sterling 9mm HTP rope. It has a break strength of approx 4500 lb I believe.

I know this is strong enough for saddle usage, but the connection points are going to be the weak spot. If I use a prussic cord, it would have to be a 6mm or maybe 7mm cord. I wonder if that is too light for this purpose. I think Sterling 7mm accessory cord has a break strength of less than 3000 lb.

A ropeman 1 is not rated for 9mm, and I am not sure I want to use a ropeman 2.

I have experimented with amsteel whoopie for bridge, but am not sold on it.

I am trying to cut bulk from the predator bridge and tether that came with my Kestrel, but maintain a good level of safety. I think suppliers of saddle gear "overbuild" some aspects of their gear for liability reasons. Understandable, of course.

What are some of you using?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Im using " tubular for my bridge but not adjustable. Also 1" tubular for my tether and it will be adjustable as soon as my buckle comes from Austria Alpine. Would like to get a Ropeman 1 for my L.B.

I use ultra tech. It's about 6-8k strength depending on the size. But the smaller 6mm rope I use to attach my Kong duck to the right side saddle loop has much less breaking strength so I double it. I don't think you could ever break anything we use as long as you never have much slack in your system. We basically are just leaning against it but Id feel better knowing what I use it would hold up a car! I now use a 5/16 amsteel whoopie sling as my tree tether.
An adjustable tether is the way to go. You can go from a deep knee bend to standing straight up with a quick one hand adjustment on my right side while holding my bow in my left hand.

Attachments

• 768319FE-2B95-45F8-9F76-4562CB334EE4.png
    768319FE-2B95-45F8-9F76-4562CB334EE4.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
Back