• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Leverage Climbing sticks

Smokinya1

Has anyone tried the Leverage sticks out?

I got a set of the 32" 3 packs with 3 double steps & a 4 pack of the 17" last year when I got my Quidos Web. Lot better price than the Lone Wolfs .......got the 4 pack on ebay for $49 with free shipping.

I really like the way the steps angle away from the tree so your boot can fit on it better. I used the top step as part of my plat form!

Where did you get the 4 pack for $49 on eBay? Was it a direct seller or from an eBay store? I can't find any near that cheap. All I'm seeing is like $119

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You stole those for that price I'm pretty sure that's what my buddy has and they seem like nice sticks

Bought back in December but haven't seen them that cheap but once more....guy had 3 boxes total of 12 of the short sticks for $150. Would have been good deal but didn't have extra cash at the time!

2.5lbs each for the 17"... Any way to lighten them up? Would they be able to be milled like the hawk helium beams are?

IkemanTX said:
2.5lbs each for the 17"... Any way to lighten them up? Would they be able to be milled like the hawk helium beams are?

If you remove the strap hardware and replace with a versa button and rope it saves quite a bit of weight. I did have some slippage when I did this as the stock v-brackets are not that aggressive so I swapped my lone wolf v-brackets on as well.

5c6cba7b91d19f2f52420c06ee077d91.jpg

c h r i s said:
IkemanTX said:

If you remove the strap hardware and replace with a versa button and rope it saves quite a bit of weight. I did have some slippage when I did this as the stock v-brackets are not that aggressive so I swapped my lone wolf v-brackets on as well.

5c6cba7b91d19f2f52420c06ee077d91.jpg

chris, did you use the v brackets off of the lone wolf sticks or the stand. I'm thinking it'd probably be the sticks.

I was considering ordering 4 of the v brackets and change just the top bracket on 4 sticks to start with. Versa buttons also. what size rope did you use on the versa button setup?

c h r i s said:
IkemanTX said:

How are you stacking those sticks with the lone wolf brackets? Do those brackets fit the sticks?

I used the v brackets off of my lone wolf sticks. I ordered new buttons though as the original set from my stocks were looking a little rough. One had recent cracked.

The rope I'm using is 7mm cord from rei. It comes in 30' lengths:
8c1184cae54128c0605657d91f806166.png

They stack ok. I wouldn't like them if I was stacking all 4. It's Better if you cut a bit off the versa button bolt so it doesn't hit the top of the other:

294e91ca0b47d49a6bc06236ce171827.jpg

2e393f41f24ce7ed00f0161dc457b73b.jpg

I stack mine 2 x 2 and attach to the side of my Scentlok pack. Kind of provides an external frame effect.

a475071a748c763c874c23ad234ec5f6.jpg

I added some twist ties to hold the uppers to the pack:
f0f36fff96cac04e3d4396fe97b24327.jpg

Lastly, here's another one of the reasons I like the shorter sticks. Everything fits in a ziplock tote with room for my other Scentlok clothes on top:

70d4f5b5a07c9e5209f4b17b4d26694e.jpg

those lone wolf V brackets look like they stack better than the factory steps..... how crazy.

Also, That PMI accessory cord is some HEAVY stuff per foot. I have that on my Hawk Heliums right now, but will be upgrading to Amsteel in the next couple years. heck, in the future, I hope to only run sticks on properties where I can't drill. an EZ cut and grade 8 bolts is looking better and better.

What diameter of Amsteel are you using and what's the difference in weight? I like the size of this rope in conjunction with the versa button.

I use 1/4 Amsteel Blue for my SitDrag Bridge. I've used 3/16 for the lines on my LW sticks and platforms. I've not weighed the lines, but they don't weigh anything...a few ounces.

3/16 - 5,400 lb strength
1/4 - 8,600 lb strength

Back