• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lexington KY

mjsmitty2

The wife and I are heading to Lexington for a long weekend. Anyone local to the area recommend some good places to eat? Just looking for some good downhome grub.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Mirror Twin Brewing is worth checking out. Good beer and good pizza

And most importantly, hit Graeter’s ice cream at least once a day….trust me on this one. Luckily there’s one right beside josies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black raspberry chip for the win

We’ve been stocking up on the seasonal Strawberry Chip and peach when available at our local Kroger. I love the black raspberry too and luckily it’s year round…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dad went to UK in the late 70s and loved a pizza place called Joe Bologna’s (Joe B’s). I went before a basketball game when I was in town probably a decade ago, and I thought it was great. Definitely a nostalgic eatery. Cool spot.

Ramsey's Diners have great homestyle food. Lynagh's Shamrock is good for Irish/pub food.

My dad went to UK in the late 70s and loved a pizza place called Joe Bologna’s (Joe B’s). I went before a basketball game when I was in town probably a decade ago, and I thought it was great. Definitely a nostalgic eatery. Cool spot.
Joe Bologna’s is a must!!

In no particular order:

Ramsey's
Agave & Rye
Mi Pequena Hacienda
Honeywood
Bluedoor Smokehouse
Wallace Station (Versailles, KY)
Carson's
Smithtown Seafood
Rolling Oven (Versailles, KY)

Edit for desert
Crank & Boom Ice cream

Nice! Thanks for all the suggestions. Looks like I may need to hitting up the classifieds when I get back to trade up to a larger saddle. I appreciate the recommendations gang

The wife and I are heading to Lexington for a long weekend. Anyone local to the area recommend some good places to eat? Just looking for some good downhome grub.

I'm not local, but my family had a great experience at Proud Marys.

Back