• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lighting strikes

Hebeskibe

Just wanted to share a picture and experience look at picture you will notice what's left of a large tree after a direct lighting strike we have all seen the streek down the side of a tree that has been hit by lighting I was about 40 yards from the tree when it was hit it wasn't raining dry lighting just a flash bang no warning at all when you hear thunder approaching time to get outta the tree I wouldn't have wanted to be any closer than I wasIMG_1882.jpg

Holy crap,the closest i ever was to a lighting strike was a tad under 100 yds and i just about pooped my pants. That was crazy loud and i felt the boom as well.
I can't imagine being only half the distance away. I am glad you are ok.

Back