• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lineman belt tensioner

Fairchild#17

I see videos all the time on YouTube where guys use a lineman rope, which is great, but they are all sloppy and loose and falling down when they take tension off them. That is no good. Here’s a simple solution to keep that rope where it needs to be. Easily and quickly adjustable and removable. Make it as heavy duty as you think you need it, but paracord and a light weight carabiner serves the purpose. Slide the hitches back to loosen it around the tree, flip the rope up into place, slide the tensioner back into position. Simple.
The softener tank made for a nice tree on a wet and muddy day.
EB9C71F0-194B-43C4-854E-78F4238A4A33.jpegBC886163-4D71-42D0-AF1C-D04839AE80AC.jpeg
D2AD2224-C202-435E-9085-1C26B8F1FB6A.jpeg

That’s a really good point, I’m always fiddling with my LB if I take tension off to get it back in place.

Thw
I see videos all the time on YouTube where guys use a lineman rope, which is great, but they are all sloppy and loose and falling down when they take tension off them. That is no good. Here’s a simple solution to keep that rope where it needs to be. Easily and quickly adjustable and removable. Make it as heavy duty as you think you need it, but paracord and a light weight carabiner serves the purpose. Slide the hitches back to loosen it around the tree, flip the rope up into place, slide the tensioner back into position. Simple.
View attachment 62964View attachment 62966
View attachment 62968
There were some good threads from back in the day about people doing this. This will not function the way a tree squeeze does though because linesman rope is receiving the tension and the cord on the front is only acting as a keeper.

View attachment 62964View attachment 62966
View attachment 62968
Love the idea. Don't tug too hard on that water softener! LOL

NY Saddle Hunter video. I like the length of rope and a Blake’s hitch to each side of the lineman’s belt.

Ahhhh.....i see that has been thought out before. I'll try some accessory cord and a single biner. That seems the simplest.

Back