• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Linemans Tag End

Went to a rope linemans this year that came with my H2 saddle and on anything but big trees the long tag end is a real pain. Step on it, gets caught in steps, tangled, etc. It's almost more dangerous to use the linemans than not. Looking for how others deal with this? I'd like to keep the long linemans for occasional bigger trees instead of shortening.

I tie an alpine butterfly in the end and clip it into my carabiner. Drew Walter from wild edge does this, I will try to find the video.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Went to a rope linemans this year that came with my H2 saddle and on anything but big trees the long tag end is a real pain. Step on it, gets caught in steps, tangled, etc. It's almost more dangerous to use the linemans than not. Looking for how others deal with this? I'd like to keep the long linemans for occasional bigger trees instead of shortening.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have extra long lb and tether. For lb, at the bottom of the tree I ensure it tapers, then put an alpine butterfly in at the shortest distance I can effectively tend slack. I hook the alpine butterfly to the biner (acts as a stopper knot too) and daisy chain the rest. If the daisy chain is still too long, I just hook the second to last daisy chain loop into the biner (effectively halving the daisy chained length).

That is the best way I have found to address this issue.

For this I tend to use larger biners. It just makes it easier.

Back