• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LIVE from the Saddle 2024

View attachment 97675YES! LftS ‘24 is officially live! @Bigterp you never miss a beat.
Happy New Year!
I do a hard push to top off the freezer in January, don’t worry about burning spots out just trying to stack em up. Plus anytime the Mrs knows it’s a standing tradition to be in a tree she plans accordingly & makes sure we don’t have family plans.

Speaking of stacking them up, 5 does just came through. Unfortunately, as I was drawing on one at 23 yds my shoulder completely locked up. They got sketched and buzzed off. Hopefully they got the memo about not worrying about blowing spots out lol.
I even debated bringing the xbow this morning for just that reason…
Oh well. Be a man, DelaWhere. Pull your 60 lbs and suck it up.

Speaking of stacking them up, 5 does just came through. Unfortunately, as I was drawing on one at 23 yds my shoulder completely locked up. They got sketched and buzzed off. Hopefully they got the memo about not worrying about blowing spots out lol.
I even debated bringing the xbow this morning for just that reason…
Oh well. Be a man, DelaWhere. Pull your 60 lbs and suck it up.
Come on, It'll only hurt for a little while. Just shoot some. I'll come help pack em out!

Checking in for 2024
Days with snow on the ground in SE MI for 2023 hunting season = 0.25days.
That's about all we've had in N.C. Ohio also. Makes it hard to cut any wood being so wet and no freezing. I really like hunting in the snow, but maybe not this year. We have another month here to get it done.

Those first 5 does took a circuitous route away from my tree, didn’t know what I was but weren’t stoked on the thought.
Sat until 10, got down quietly and then I see two more does a little ways off in the brush. Managed to sneak away from my tree without alerting them as far as I could tell.
Sucks I lost out on a great opportunity for another 40-50# of venison but I’m thrilled to see some deer movement again and it was awesome to have snow stuck to the ground for once this season.

Those first 5 does took a circuitous route away from my tree, didn’t know what I was but weren’t stoked on the thought.
Sat until 10, got down quietly and then I see two more does a little ways off in the brush. Managed to sneak away from my tree without alerting them as far as I could tell.
Sucks I lost out on a great opportunity for another 40-50# of venison but I’m thrilled to see some deer movement again and it was awesome to have snow stuck to the ground for once this season.
An Ole Timer once tolt me "You can sit all day and leave 30 seconds too soon"

An Ole Timer once tolt me "You can sit all day and leave 30 seconds too soon"
Kids…I just HAD to have kids…
I remember a time when I could sit in the woods from sun to dark with nary a soul to report to “on time”. Now by 10am I’m counting down the minutes until I get that one text every deer-hunting father dreads getting: “No rush or anything, but when do you think you’ll be down from the tree?”
Which definitely means “rush, you bastard, if you know what’s good for the future of your family” :tonguewink:.

Kids…I just HAD to have kids…
I remember a time when I could sit in the woods from sun to dark with nary a soul to report to “on time”. Now by 10am I’m counting down the minutes until I get that one text every deer-hunting father dreads getting: “No rush or anything, but when do you think you’ll be down from the tree?”
Which definitely means “rush, you bastard, if you know what’s good for the future of your family” :tonguewink:.
I understand. Retired and kids are grown w/a very understanding wife. Just hunt !

I know if I didn't, they'd show...and why not
8715dd5b7bc135268bf458b69eadbf34.jpg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Back