• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Liver and guts?

Alverson443

I just started bow hunting last season so I’m not the best telling where I hit a deer on arrow that being said I shot a doe yesterday she jumped pretty good and I saw my arrow hit her center from top to bottom and about 6 inches back from her shoulder but when I got to the arrow and it’s what you see I ended up not being able to find her blood dried up at 75 yards made me SICK!! But with all that being said by looking at the blood on the arrow where would yal say I hit?
1a6270544784cc3233c053f723cd3943.jpg

5ae56229939c28eeaa5a2c94c1595769.jpg

93fdb057a1ce36b0e317035926ea0359.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was pretty much broadside maybe angled toward very slightly and in between b-c and right in front of 5 going to 4

If you exit was out the bottom, it can easily plug up. What did the crime scene look like? Pass through? Or was the arrow still in them.

If you exit was out the bottom, it can easily plug up. What did the crime scene look like? Pass through? Or was the arrow still in them.

It was a pass through there wasnt much blood some spots had more than others then just found one little drop nothing after that

id say liver and gut, its most likely dead, if you can find it. good luck. ....look for a drop of blood about every 10 yds. look carefully it will be dark colored. thats if its walking, if running a lot harder to track.

Hard to tell from the photo for what kind of blood is on the arrow... doesn't look like guts to me... from where u place the shot I would say maybe back of lung with liver... that probably gives with the color of the blood on the arrow too

id say liver and gut, its most likely dead, if you can find it. good luck. ....look for a drop of blood about every 10 yds. look carefully it will be dark colored. thats if its walking, if running a lot harder to track.

Yeah we never could find her unfortunately

How long did you wait before tracking? How long did you look for her? A grid search for a couple hundred yards should find her if you didn't push her too soon. Looks like maybe liver to me and that usually means you should have waited at least a couple of hours before tracking.

United blood trackers. For future reference if you know the shot was bad and/or don’t have much blood. Dogs do better before you walk all over it too.

Spencer

I was gonna go with liver as well, just off the pic. Hard to tell though. My rule is if I am not sure where I hit it, minimum two hours. Usually find first blood then back out. However, I will never tell others how to hunt.

That deer is prob dead right there within 100-200 yards if she wasn’t bumped.

Spencer

How high up were u and what was the shot distance? I'm not that experience but I thinking that shoulda be a lethal 1 if u hit where u say u did

I was about 18 foot up i figured I should’ve found her dead to but we never did I should’ve made a better shot but I believe I’ll be changing broadheads I switched to g5 montecs because it was the only broadheads my shop had that was 125 grains whole arrow is 567 grains I just couldn’t get them razor sharp which I was uneasy about

idk I just feel like if I had a razor sharp broadhead maybe I would’ve found her maybe it’s just me blaming something to though haha

Back